1. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 14:35
    Originally posted by Ajuin
    QGA is very much ok,yes.I've played it often.
    But he said 4.... b5 is very dubious,at least that's how I understood it.He has a point there although 'very dubious' is perhaps a bit too harsh.But hey,it's his opinion.
    I guess you're right there. I probably got ahead of myself as it's so frequent to see beginners badmouth perfectly playable openings. my mistake.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 14:422 edits
    Originally posted by wormwood
    really? what's so dubious about it? I haven't played agains QGA in a couple of years, and I didn't know it well back then either.
    Well, from my very own dubious understanding of the opening, if black is ever planning to try to hold on to the extra pawn with b5, he has to show something up for white's a4. White's a4 usually doesn't work when Nc3 has been played as b4 simply kicks away the knight, and even worse, if e4 and Nf6 has already been played this means the e pawn is going to fall.

In the game you've posted for example, white doesn't have a4 because the e pawn hangs. The same thing in here with anand-kramnik (I recently played a game in this line):

but in the case danvm mentions, a4 is playable and means white is going to get the pawn back with nice development. my rybka gives almost a decisive plus to white after the 9th move, and the 4...b5 line is almost non existent (a few games against around 800 games in other moves) in my GM database.

But again, I can't say I really know what I'm talking about 🙂
  3. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 17:19
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    Are you a serious OTB player? Of course, you play better than two years ago, we are inquiring about what you did to get to the level you are at now.
    Glad this got answered after all
  4. Joined
    10 Oct '09
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 20:50
    Glad this got answered after all
    I have a hunch but not sure.Are the TASC cd's available in Brazilian,Namibian,Russian or German language?
  5. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 20:51
    I believe it's English - Dutch - German - Spanish and possibly even in French

It's just one cd though

And old (1995 or so)
  6. e4
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 21:13
    Originally posted by philidor position
    oh haven't you heard? RECUVIC is a grandmaster, he just doesn't know how to notate chess moves.
    Recuvic (2212) never did come back with the answers - infact he has not posted
    on here again since this thread.

4al0 (2332) Our resident Female Russian IM has also failed to post again
    since this thread.

They headed for the hills when DanVM started getting the awkward questions. 😉

Don't start salivating, Just an observation.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 23:062 edits
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Recuvic (2212) never did come back with the answers - infact he has not posted
    on here again since this thread.
    If I had the tiniest role in that, I'm proud. The worst type of cheaters are the ones who think they can fool anyone and don't keep their mouth shut.

DanVM was one of that type, he even used some curse words while proudly fighting against the suspicions (like "get a life and stop jerking off" ).
  8. Joined
    10 Oct '09
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 01:081 edit
    I believe it's English - Dutch - German - Spanish and possibly even in French

It's just one cd though

And old (1995 or so)
    it's actually on the back of the cd case (Eng - Ger - Fre - Dut)

Mine is titled 'TASC Chess CD 2',copyright 1999.I always assumed it's an improved version of CD 1.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree