1. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    27 Sep '09 17:062 edits
    Dan's opponent there was way too strong though. 😀

To quote DANVM, "I have to get my hands on the books he reads". 🙂

No really, help us out, we are still crap at chess, give us some tips, what have you been doing during the last years, if you would be so kind.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Sep '09 18:12
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I was thinking more in the timeframe Jun '08, when you played this game as a 1768 player:

Game 4932508

Indeed, a quick glance at the rating graph indicates that you were averaged out at roughly 1700 over about 200 games.

Your low point came from a mass-timeout/resignation spree when you apparently left the site.

Then, when you came back slightly over a year later, you were suddenly a master. 😵
    I highly doubt that any rating on a site such as RHP qualifies as Master rating. Any serious OTB player can probably give any of us a quick painful lesson in chess. Only played a few good players on this site, and most are not even first page material. such as Mike Perkins, BobbyChess, Pawnriot, etc.. Very doubtful that you are looking for a serious explanation into why I play better now than 2 years ago, so stick to the subject of this thread and analyse the game, or PM if you're really looking for answers.
  3. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    27 Sep '09 18:14
    Are you a serious OTB player? Of course, you play better than two years ago, we are inquiring about what you did to get to the level you are at now.
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    27 Sep '09 18:53
    Originally posted by DanVM
    I highly doubt that any rating on a site such as RHP qualifies as Master rating. Any serious OTB player can probably give any of us a quick painful lesson in chess. Only played a few good players on this site, and most are not even first page material. such as Mike Perkins, BobbyChess, Pawnriot, etc.. Very doubtful that you are looking for a serious explanatio ...[text shortened]... to the subject of this thread and analyse the game, or PM if you're really looking for answers.
    You don't get 2300 unless you consistently defeat your underlings, though. Somehow I doubt the player I won 2 games fairly easily against 17 months ago would drop a single game to me now.

You weren't even here 2 years ago. First game is dated April 08. Once again FACTS rear their ugly head.
  5. Lagos
    Moves
    27 Sep '09 19:24
    Rapid Chess Improvement maybe.
  6. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    02 Oct '09 20:50
    Originally posted by Goshen
    Rapid Chess Improvement maybe.
    What's that? Delamaza's nonsensical "I set up a board with two chess pieces" method?
  7. Joined
    14 May '09
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 06:03

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 12:50
    Originally posted by DanVM
    Took a quick look at the game in question, first of all very dubious choice of opening for Black with that 4...b5
    this one cracked me up. 🙂
  9. Pale Blue Dot
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 13:03
    Originally posted by wormwood
    About as funny as this member's approach to the early struggle: User 437675
  10. Joined
    10 Oct '09
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 14:19
    What's so funny about it?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 14:20
    Originally posted by RECUVIC
    [pgn]3759097[/pgn Most of us are very familiar with Bishop x h7 but is it always as correct as it might first appear? Decide here,1/was it correct at the time and 2/why did an excellent game opponent resign and 3/was that decision correct? This is not for the faint hearted or ocassional chess player,the correct answers are not as easy as they might seem to b ...[text shortened]... ons will provide my own personal answers,but they may not be the same as yours!-----------------
    Oh I have missed this GM's posts, they never ceased to amuse me.

I wonder why he stopped sharing his GM level chess knowledge with us, maybe he was ashamed of not knowing how to notate the moves?
  12. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 14:242 edits
    Originally posted by Ajuin
    What's so funny about it?
    there's nothing wrong with QGA, although many beginning players often believe so. it's a dangerous weapon in capable hands.

gelfand vs anand 1993:

well, I guess this is irrelevant, not being the same line. I just went to chessgames.com and picked the first QGA black won.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 14:26
    there's nothing wrong with QGA, although many beginning players often believe so. it's a dangerous weapon in capable hands.
    To be fair, he was right about 4...b5 being dubious though.
  14. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 14:30
    Originally posted by philidor position
    To be fair, he was right about 4...b5 being dubious though.
    really? what's so dubious about it? I haven't played agains QGA in a couple of years, and I didn't know it well back then either.
  15. Joined
    10 Oct '09
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 14:311 edit
    QGA is very much ok,yes.I've played it often.
    But he said 4.... b5 is very dubious,at least that's how I understood it.He has a point there although 'very dubious' is perhaps a bit too harsh.But hey,it's his opinion.

edit: maybe we should discuss this in a separate thread.This one's actually about Rudell's book....ehr.....I mean Bxh7 sacs

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree