blitz advice please

blitz advice please

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t

Moves
16 Jan 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
...a6 and ....b5 and its over! the numberer of bishops i kicked back to d3, e2 is
unbelievable, sometimes they try to hide in the corner, on a2, and occasionally it back
fires and i get caught out in the ensuing complications. I love Blitz.
yawn too slow. What? You think I'm just gonna sit there for a move?

P

The Ghost Bishop

Moves
16 Jan 12

actually it has just occurred to me watching some games, chess is all about mobility,
thats it, i was struck by these guys, they always had squares for their pieces to go to,
everything was flexible, we get into trouble when the mobility of our pieces is
restricted, the more we cannot get mobility, the more we suffer, stay mobile! that's the
secret me thins.
Chess is a game of concepts Mr. Robbie. Mobility, Activity, Flexibility, Space, Force, Initiative are all components which we must determine, and evaluate conceptually. Each position is dominated by more than a single concept - we cannot look on so lightly as to think a single one will determine all fate.

Any concept in chess is made so invaluable to a player, only because the others have been so ignored.

Q

rc

Moves
16 Jan 12

Originally posted by tomtom232
yawn too slow. What? You think I'm just gonna sit there for a move?
too slow for what, e6 is covered, d5 is covered, what else are you going to do with
your silly bishop once b5 hits it?, that is correct, you will retreat it.

rc

Moves
16 Jan 12

Originally posted by PhySiQ
Chess is a game of concepts Mr. Robbie. Mobility, Activity, Flexibility, Space, Force, Initiative are all components which we must determine, and evaluate conceptually. Each position is dominated by more than a single concept - we cannot look on so lightly as to think a single one will determine all fate.

Any concept in chess is made so invaluable to a player, only because the others have been so ignored.

Q
yes but these things can primarily i think be termed in essence, mobility, activity,
space, all depend on mobility, if we are not mobile its impossible to have initiative, if
we are cramped for space its because we have no mobility, the use of force is only
possible because of mobility. Is it not so?

P

The Ghost Bishop

Moves
16 Jan 12

yes but these things can primarily i think be termed in essence, mobility, activity,
space, all depend on mobility, if we are not mobile its impossible to have initiative, if
we are cramped for space its because we have no mobility, the use of force is only
possible because of mobility. Is it not so?
They are often connected. I wouldn't daresay they are dependent on one another. More often then not this type of thinking is proven incorrect with time.

Q

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Jan 12

Originally posted by plopzilla
Just play 1min or 3mi nChess - nowt better for reinforcing opening theory.. :p

In one hour I can play over 10 different openings in 30 odd games.

Of course your end game might suck if you only ever do that but once you have an advantage in opening carried into the middle game, at our level its most often lost OTB in middle game anyway..
"Practice makes Perfect" - Who said that?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
16 Jan 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
"Practice makes Perfect" - Who said that?
"Perfect practice makes perfect"

t

Moves
16 Jan 12

too slow for what, e6 is covered, d5 is covered, what else are you going to do with
your silly bishop once b5 hits it?, that is correct, you will retreat it.

This is where we are most likely headed.

Moves
16 Jan 12

Originally posted by tomtom232
[pgn]1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 d6 3.d4 cxd4 4.Nxd4 Nf6 5.Nc3 e6 6.Bc4 a6 7.Be3 b5 8.Bb3 Bb7 9.f3 Nbd7 10.a3[/pgn]

This is where we are most likely headed.
10.a3 looks like a waste of time to me. Why does white fear b4? The knight would be better placed on e2 anyway.

t

Moves
17 Jan 12
1 edit

Originally posted by KnightStalker47
10.a3 looks like a waste of time to me. Why does white fear b4? The knight would be better placed on e2 anyway.
Not really, the knight needs to keep an eye on the d5 square.

Say, 10. Qd2 b4 11. Ne2 d5 and black is looking good.