1. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 15:06
    I started 'playing chess while I was abot 9 0r 10 and played it a lot for 2 years and then stopped cause on my new school there wasn't chess club.

After that I played a few games through the years but never consistely till I joined RHP. At first I didn't take this serious enough and just played but now I'm trying to take this a little bit more serious. I have a couple of books to read I am now starting to analyse my own games.

I think that I'm better but yesterday I played 5 games OTB with a friend of mine. I started by winning the 2 first games but then lost the last 3. One thing I noticed was that due to playing a lot on 2d really messed up my 3d board vision: Long diagonals seemed to not exist and the board was disconnected too. It was like I could only see 2 or 3 areas at a time of 4 area chess board. This let me a little bit upset: I feel that my chess knowledge has increased but I didn't expect this difficulty at all. Now I have chosen the 3d board pieces and a set chess that gives a 3d feel too here in RHP to see if I can take care of that.

I just wanted to know iif anyone noticed that too and how they tackled it.
  2. USA
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 15:12
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    I started 'playing chess while I was abot 9 0r 10 and played it a lot for 2 years and then stopped cause on my new school there wasn't chess club.

After that I played a few games through the years but never consistely till I joined RHP. At first I didn't take this serious enough and just played but now I'm trying to take this a little bit more serio ...[text shortened]... are of that.

I just wanted to know iif anyone noticed that too and how they tackled it.
    Well if your really tall (like I am) then looking at the board doesn't really diiffer at all, but ya, try setting up a convetional board to play out certain games, try looking at the board while trying to determine your next move instead of at the computer screen.
  3. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 15:18
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    Well if your really tall (like I am) then looking at the board doesn't really diiffer at all, but ya, try setting up a convetional board to play out certain games, try looking at the board while trying to determine your next move instead of at the computer screen.
    Well I'm 1,90 and something and it made somewhat of a difference. 😕
  4. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 15:18
    yep. 2D will mess you up!!
  5. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 15:29
    I have a lot of trouble with computer three d boards. I cannot see the squares behind the chess men and kept droping my man in the wrong square. No three d computer board for me. Two d newspaper only. My my all of that disk space in my program that is used for three d that is just trash too me. I have no trouble using my chess set to play through a game.
  6. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 15:32
    does rhp offer a 3D board?
  7. USA
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 15:32
    Originally posted by chessisvanity
    no
  8. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 15:45
    Originally posted by gambit3
    I have a lot of trouble with computer three d boards. I cannot see the squares behind the chess men and kept droping my man in the wrong square. No three d computer board for me. Two d newspaper only. My my all of that disk space in my program that is used for three d that is just trash too me. I have no trouble using my chess set to play through a game.
    On CM8k I can choose different 3d point of views. Some of them are just like you say but one of them is good. It's like how I see the board on OTB play but it's good enough.
  9. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 15:47
    Try this:
    Red menace Raised pieces, Marbe tile set, and a large board size. I think it has a 3d board feel to it.
  10. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 15:53
    remember when Kasparov wore those stupid glasses when he played deep blue i think...lmao...

he was trying to get the 3D effect.....

although....he is much better than me....i shouldn't be talking
  11. USA
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 16:07
    remember when Kasparov wore those stupid glasses when he played deep blue i think...lmao...

wasn't it fritz?
  12. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 16:10
    can't remember....it's been awhile.....

I remember saying.....why doesn't he just set the position up on a board?
  13. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 16:30

Are you sure your not thinking of Korchnoi in his WC match against Karpov?
  14. Joined
    04 Jul '07
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 17:17
    The reason for wearing the glasses might have something to do with the company that makes them paying a large sum of money to have him wear them...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree