Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 05 Dec '09 01:33
    So he's probably the reason why I'm encountering so much of this lately

    http://www.newinchess.com/Play_2___Nf6__in_the_Sicilian-p-1853.html
  2. Standard member irontigran
    Rob Scheider is..
    05 Dec '09 04:24 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Ajuin
    So he's probably the reason why I'm encountering so much of this lately

    http://www.newinchess.com/Play_2___Nf6__in_the_Sicilian-p-1853.html
    what would be proper play against that? looks decent to me.. not that Id switch to it but its good news for fellow Sicilian players such as myself, as now white 1.e4 players will have to learn even more!
  3. 05 Dec '09 04:36
    Originally posted by irontigran
    what would be proper play against that? looks decent to me.. not that Id switch to it but its good news for fellow Sicilian players such as myself, as now white 1.e4 players will have to learn even more!
    na na my illustrious freind, play the morra and its black who must dance to our tune!
  4. Standard member irontigran
    Rob Scheider is..
    05 Dec '09 04:42
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    na na my illustrious freind, play the morra and its black who must dance to our tune!
    youve tried it out? any tactical gems?
  5. 05 Dec '09 06:00
    I would say don`t play 3.Bc4 because of 3...Nc6 4.e5 d5!
  6. 05 Dec '09 07:08 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by National Master Dale
    I would say don`t play 3.Bc4 because of 3...Nc6 4.e5 d5!
    or 3...Nxe4? Or is that terribly bad on account of 4.Bxf7+?

    It's early have to see it


    edit: 3...Nxe4 seems ok for me
  7. 05 Dec '09 07:15
    I don't know about this 2. ... Nf6, I only remember one guy on FICS playing it. I think I went for 3. e5 Nd5 4. c4 Nc7 most of the time and don't remember anything more of it... which probably means I lost the bunch of them.
  8. 05 Dec '09 07:39
    While there may be something better against it, objectively speaking, could you not play 3. e5 Nd5 4. c3!? just to get it into more familiar territory?
  9. 05 Dec '09 08:11 / 2 edits
    Oh yeah Heinzkat oops I think i`m dreaming of something woops.
    I wonder if I could figure out what it was I was dreaming of hmm maybe it was..



    Oh yeah maybe thats what I was dreaming of.
  10. Standard member irontigran
    Rob Scheider is..
    05 Dec '09 08:14
    Originally posted by National Master Dale
    Oh yeah Heinzkat oops I think i`m dreaming of something woops.
    I wonder if I could figure out what it was I was dreaming of hmm maybe it was..

    [pgn]1.e4 c5 2.Bc4 Nf6 3.e5 d5[/pgn]

    Oh yeah maybe thats what i was dreaming of.
    but shouldnt just 2...e6 and 3...Ne7 be fine? to me 1.e4 c5 2.Bc4? always sucks for white, which is why Im really embarrassed that I lost my 1st game to it yesterday
    (but I may have about 40 wins though,just wanted to never lose to it)
  11. 05 Dec '09 08:18
    Originally posted by National Master Dale
    Oh yeah Heinzkat oops I think i`m dreaming of something woops.
    I wonder if I could figure out what it was I was dreaming of hmm maybe it was..

    [pgn]1.e4 c5 2.Bc4 Nf6 3.e5 d5[/pgn]

    Oh yeah maybe thats what I was dreaming of.
    4. Bb5+ Nfd7 5. e6 already is annoying when White's name is NMD
  12. 05 Dec '09 08:18
    Originally posted by irontigran
    but shouldnt just 2...e6 and 3...Ne7 be fine? to me 1.e4 c5 2.Bc4? always sucks for white, which is why Im really embarrassed that I lost my 1st game to it yesterday
    (but I may have about 40 wins though,just wanted to never lose to it)
    Yes, 2. Bc4 e6, but we are talking about 2. Nf3 Nf6, apparently
  13. 05 Dec '09 08:28 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    4. Bb5+ Nfd7 5. e6 already is annoying when White's name is NMD
    I`d play 4...Bd7 not 4...Nfd7

    However I don`t know if its really better.
  14. 05 Dec '09 08:33
    Originally posted by National Master Dale
    I`d play 4...Bd7 not 4...Nfd7

    However I don`t know if its really better.
    5. Bxd7+ Nfxd7 6. e6 fxe6 7. Nf3 and the same kind of troubles, not sound but the more annoying
  15. 05 Dec '09 10:21
    I was thinking something like this a day or so ago in a cafe I thought hmm I wonder if you could guess what chess magazines a person reads bye playing them blitz for an evening.