1. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    05 Dec '09 10:421 edit
    Originally posted by National Master Dale
    I was thinking something like this a day or so ago in a cafe I thought hmm I wonder if you could guess what chess magazines a person reads bye playing them blitz for an evening.
    After a night of blitz with me, you'll probably conclude I'm subscribed to Hustler 😕
  2. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    05 Dec '09 15:45
    Originally posted by Ajuin
    So he's probably the reason why I'm encountering so much of this lately

http://www.newinchess.com/Play_2___Nf6__in_the_Sicilian-p-1853.html
    GM alterman is currently also doing a series on it on ICC in his gambit guide.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Dec '09 15:49
    Originally posted by wormwood
    GM alterman is currently also doing a series on it on ICC in his gambit guide.
    hes the best!
  4. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    05 Dec '09 16:25
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    hes the best!
    I can't stand the constant "..aaayyyy.." though. like a russian fonz.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Dec '09 17:121 edit
    Originally posted by wormwood
    I can't stand the constant "..aaayyyy.." though. like a russian fonz.
    Lol, yes i know, its really irritating when he thinks out loud with rather nasal overtones, in fact, what i have noticed in all the ICC videos that i have seen, is that the sound quality is really quite bad, for you hear the sound of the keyboard when they are sitting in front of the pc, or telephones ringing in the background, sometimes even people outside. in one of Altermans videos you can hear a baby crying, the telephone ringing and the birds singing outside. A proper sound engineer would edit these things out. perhaps they are done on a shoestring, who knows? the thing i like about him is he inspires confidence, he plays these lines himself and gives examples of others top players who play them as well.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree