1. Behind the computer.
    Moves
    24 Feb '08 04:07
    Hey guys! I just became a subscriber 😉... Now.. I did this to try to improve my chess, what should I do while I'm a subscriber?
  2. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Feb '08 05:04
    Originally posted by range blasts
    Hey guys! I just became a subscriber 😉... Now.. I did this to try to improve my chess, what should I do while I'm a subscriber?
    tease non subs, remember.. youre on higher level now

enjoy 🙂
  3. Behind the computer.
    Moves
    24 Feb '08 05:27
    lol... that's certainly nice.
  4. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Feb '08 06:30
    You should join the clan The Gambit Whores
  5. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    24 Feb '08 06:33
    Welcome.
  6. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    24 Feb '08 06:41
    play in every tournament, join four super active clans, accept every game challenge, find out what it's like to have a thousand games and watch your rating crash . . .feel bad . . .. .get therapy . . .take antidepressants . . .swear you can quit any time . . .. pretend that you still have a life out there . . . . .deny deny deny . .. . . . but, most of all, play a ton of games
  7. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    24 Feb '08 07:09
    1) Set a self-limit number of games. This is a very important step. If you really want to improve your chess, you probably shouldn't play more than about 50 games at a time, but 30 is even better.

2) Watch out for game time controls. Whether you are considering joining a clan or a tournament, check to make sure the time controls are manageable.

3) Don't join more than two clans, and consider joining several smaller-banded tournaments (rather than fewer big-banded tournaments, where you will occasionally be swamped with games all at one time).

Have fun!
  8. Joined
    24 Sep '07
    Moves
    24 Feb '08 07:29
    Both witty and coq give good advice.

As a new-ish subscriber I have to say the number of games I'm playing makes a big difference in my ability to learn. For example, if I am trying out a new opening line I may join an octet so I can try it out on several players of equal skill. If I want to try and focus on my midgame and work on some tactics I try and play less games.

The best advice I can give is to accept the game I just sent you =)
  9. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    24 Feb '08 08:22
    I enjoyed this site much more when I wasn't a sub. No because all features aren't cool but directly the opposite... Six games max, so you can keep your life and addiction under control... But now turneys, clans, unlimited games.... oh oh
  10. Joined
    26 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Feb '08 11:18
    First you need to make sure you have a cool avatar which strikes fear into you opponents. Otherwise your money is totally going to waste.
  11. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Feb '08 11:26
    Originally posted by st00p1dfac3
    First you need to make sure you have a cool avatar which strikes fear into you opponents. Otherwise your money is totally going to waste.
    Or one that distracts them...
  12. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    24 Feb '08 13:19
    Do NOT overload on games or you will find that you will get worse.
  13. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    24 Feb '08 13:21
    Originally posted by coquette
    play in every tournament, join four super active clans, accept every game challenge, find out what it's like to have a thousand games and watch your rating crash . . .feel bad . . .. .get therapy . . .take antidepressants . . .swear you can quit any time . . .. pretend that you still have a life out there . . . . .deny deny deny . .. . . . but, most of all, play a ton of games
    basically opposite of this 😉
  14. Behind the computer.
    Moves
    25 Feb '08 01:18
    Originally posted by st00p1dfac3
    lol, very helpful... ^.^
  15. Behind the computer.
    Moves
    25 Feb '08 01:18
    Originally posted by meta x zen
    Both witty and coq give good advice.

As a new-ish subscriber I have to say the number of games I'm playing makes a big difference in my ability to learn. For example, if I am trying out a new opening line I may join an octet so I can try it out on several players of equal skill. If I want to try and focus on my midgame and work on some tactics I try and play less games.

The best advice I can give is to accept the game I just sent you =)
    Sent me a game eh? Not recieved.. anyways, so keep the number of games down?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree