1. Tionesta
    Moves
    30 May '07 17:41
    The Game Time II is the one I use. But a note: Blitzers seem to be heavy handed with the clock, and that is understandable, so if your a Blitzer, buy a cheap clock. Personally, I don't want any of my stuff abused, pieces, board, clock, or anything else. If you are hard on clocks, YOU should definitely furnish the clock. I have an asthetic feel for chess materials. My books, magazines, etc. All are important to me and abusing them, regardless of the reason is in very bad taste. Blitzers should use cheap stuff in general, that way damages are incidental.😕
  2. Joined
    10 Apr '07
    Moves
    30 May '07 20:31
    Thanks for that, I do have the option of buying a very cheap digital (Just has countdown and countup - with a large lever (Its a DBT model) and a Turnier seperatley. That way I would have a cheap clock to waste on Blitz. However it seems sligtly pointless when I can buy a digital model with far more functionality. Is my suggestion viable?
  3. Joined
    10 Apr '07
    Moves
    30 May '07 21:16
    Oh the model is a DBT easy timer (the cheap digital I was on about)
  4. Standard memberwargamer66
    Steve B.
    Salt Lake City
    Moves
    31 May '07 20:01
    http://www.wholesalechess.com/chess/chess_clocks/Chronos+Digital+Chess+Clock

I swear by the Chronos clock. After owning many over the years, this is by far the best one. Expensive though.
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    31 May '07 23:32
    I suggest the Saitek Competition Game Pro as I use it in my tournament play. It has all the features one needs to play any timed game. Also, this digital clock tells you the exact time you have left. Since it is your first chess clock, Saitek Competition Game Pro would do fine.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree