1. London
    Moves
    15 Jul '06 17:47
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    Since starting this thread I have noticed that there are loads of games resigned after just one move.

Why to people do this? They simply spoil things for the rest of us.

Perhaps such activity should also be against TOS and if done consistently (a couple of times is consistent enough) the player should be banned and all the pointless spurious games removed from the database.
    Many players resign games without making a move so that they do not have to continue and do not lose any rating points.
  2. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    15 Jul '06 18:38
    Originally posted by Freddie2006
    Many players resign games without making a move so that they do not have to continue and do not lose any rating points.
    I was playing a game on uchess this morning 15/0

And the guy made one move after 5 minutes,a few 1 minute later, then typed, be back in 9 minutes.

Totally wasted 15 minutes of my chess session 😠
  3. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    15 Jul '06 19:39
    Originally posted by Essex 3
    It's not actually faster, but I'm surprised nobody has brought up the following game, which shows that this sort of thing can happen at almost the highest level.
    R.J. Fischer v Oscar Panno : Interzonal Tournament, Palma de
    Mallorca, 1970
    1. c4 resigns.
    (http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1335872)
    The story behind this game ...[text shortened]... ced to play his game
    at a different time from all the others, and after the others had ended.
    Fischer hates Jews, I think his father was Jewish though...? Anyhow, according to someone on CG.com his religion was actually this...

Herbert Armstrong's Worldwide Church of God, which, incidentally, banned board games. Fischer ignored this rule obviously. This organization is Christian-based but is not considered mainstream among Christian groups.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree