1. Standard memberPariah325
    Knife Wielder
    In the shadows...
    Moves
    17 Apr '09 23:411 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    The rest of the thread.
    Not sure I deserved such a rude response.

Greenpawn said that there was an easy-peasy way to come up with a solution. I had a different solution that I believed was sound, so I simply asked about it. You were the one who wanted a rook sac and pieces moved around the board to come up with a flashier way to finish.

I realize I'm not nearly as good as you at chess, and I likely never will be. I realize I have not played for nearly as long as you, and likely never will spend as many hours on the game as you have. You could simply have ignored my post, or written a valid reply - which would have taken less time than the reply you gave me took, I'm sure. I'm simply trying to improve my game, and asking questions of better players here in the forum has helped with that. I read the entire thread multiple times. I tried looking at your challenge of moving pieces around. I tried to figure out how the game came to such a strange situation for that problem to arise (yes, I plan on going over the game... GP posted whose game it was - it looked scripted at first to me). I simply asked about what I felt was the best move...

I have read many of your posts on here, even when I don't respond. I don't post a whole lot, but I read all of them, at least in the chess forum. I have nothing but respect for you as a chess player and problem solver/creater, and I appreciate the higher rated players taking time in the forums for these discussions and problems. But I don't appreciate rude comments to innocent, honest, and legit questions. Please don't try to make me feel stupid. As you should be able to see in the other thread (about which way a knight faces) I have a sense of humor and don't take everything seriously.

Thanks
    Pariah
  2. Joined
    20 Feb '09
    Moves
    18 Apr '09 03:33
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    The position you got from:

http///here is another totally useless website for you to go.com

is the game, [b]Georgadze - Kuindzhi
    Tbilisi, 1973

Where there is indeed a Rook on a3.

The position I posted on Chandler Cornered was infact

Georgadze - Kuindzhi Tbilisi, 1973

The same game I hear you say.

No. They played twice, o ...[text shortened]... e positions reached in both
    games were the same 'cept in the 2nd game there is a Bishop on a3.[/b]
    Well, I guess if a Bishop can do the same thing as a Rook, then I agree with you... They played two games and some gypsy women stole the score sheet... 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree