1. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    08 Oct '09 21:55
    He he, I remember playing 10 years ago on yahoo and even back then there were people with 5000+ ratings and the 'top 100' ladder consisting of only about 20 players all with multiple accounts (i got to number 67 once and people started giving me 'free' wins with their other top 100 accounts in the hope that I would return the favour against their best one - I never did though...)

Fics is pretty reliable for their ratings, although I have just started out on a new site called chesscube which seems to be based in europe as there is no really awful lag like on some other sites. That is quite good fun, it has lots of varients too and plenty of ratings for the grabbing - I am mid 2100s now but I have beaten quite a few 2200-2300s so am hoping I should be able to crack 2200 (the only other site I ever managed that on was chess21.com but then that got a massive server crash and died)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree