1. Standard memberTimmyBx
    TacticsTime.com
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Moves
    22 Dec '12 18:55
    http://www.amazon.com/Tactics-Chess-Everyday-Players-ebook/dp/B009TBYA7U

It is called "Tactics Time! 1001 Chess Tactics from the Games of Everyday Chess Players", and contains 1001 chess tactics puzzles all from real games.

There are a bunch of games in there from RHP players.

Most of the games are from players rated below 2000.

Each problem gives the name of the players, their rating, and where it was played. None of the problems have been used in other books before, so they are all new problems.

It is only 4.99, and reviews have been quite good.

You don't need to own a kindle to read it, and there is free kindle reader software for Mac, PC, iPhone, blackberry, android, etc.

Let me know what you think 🙂

Cheers,
    Tim
  2. Joined
    04 Nov '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '12 21:47
    How did you find the rhp gamrs?
  3. Standard memberTimmyBx
    TacticsTime.com
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Moves
    22 Dec '12 23:11
    some of them are my games, some are ones that people sent me, some were from the mate in less than 20 moves thread, some were from the 2012 RHP championship database that greenpawn posted, etc.
  4. Joined
    04 Nov '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '12 00:01
    Shame. Little chance of any of my moments of genius (if any) appearing then.
  5. Standard memberTimmyBx
    TacticsTime.com
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Moves
    23 Dec '12 00:36
    haha, yeah I just did a search and you don't have any games in there. I also did a search for redhotpawn, and there were 347 matches, so you probably would know a fair number of people in there.

The book isn't really about "moments of genius", it is more about the common (non-genius) tactics and patterns that happen all the time. So there are not a ton of Queen sacrifices, smothered mates, under promotions, and other "cool", but rare combinations that are in most tactics books. It is more about the 1-3 move tactics that typically win games: knight forks, overloaded pieces, mating nets, double attacks, trapped pieces, etc.
  6. under your bed
    Moves
    23 Dec '12 17:55
    So RHP doenst have any content/copyright issues with you using games from the site?
  7. Standard memberTimmyBx
    TacticsTime.com
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Moves
    24 Dec '12 03:21
    I am not a lawyer, but as far as I know you can't copyright a chess game. You can copyright annotations, notes, analysis, and stuff like that. But you can't copyright a raw game score.
  8. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    24 Dec '12 03:51
    Originally posted by plopzilla
    So RHP doenst have any content/copyright issues with you using games from the site?
    Why would they? Karpov can't sue for writing an analysis of one of his games. Is this site greater than Karpov?
    (If you say yes I'mma gonna slap you sillier)
  9. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    24 Dec '12 12:52
    Originally posted by TimmyBx
    I am not a lawyer, but as far as I know you can't copyright a chess game. You can copyright annotations, notes, analysis, and stuff like that. But you can't copyright a raw game score.
    Once a move has been played and copyrighted nobody else can play it. Why do you think I play all the crap I do when all these much better moves are available ? Do you really think it's because I haven't seen them ?
  10. Subscriberjb70
    State of Confusion
    Lancashire
    Moves
    24 Dec '12 16:22
    Just downloaded it.
    £3.23 bargain.Price of a bus fare.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree