1. London
    Moves
    16 Oct '06 11:46
    Don't know if this video's been posted already, but it's simply hilarious!

http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=3431
  2. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    16 Oct '06 13:30
    I never saw the Fight Club movie, but the chess version is still funny.

I did happen to notice that they oriented the board the wrong way. I assume these guys can play chess, since they made the movie, and they used chess notation in the movie. So was the mistake with the board orientation a "spoof within a spoof", aimed at the non-chess playing public that invariably makes this mistake in movies and commercials? 🙂
  3. Joined
    17 Dec '04
    Moves
    16 Oct '06 14:53
    Totally funny video, if you haven't seen it, check it out!
  4. Joined
    03 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Oct '06 16:07
    Originally posted by Mad Rook
    I never saw the Fight Club movie, but the chess version is still funny.

I did happen to notice that they oriented the board the wrong way. I assume these guys can play chess, since they made the movie, and they used chess notation in the movie. So was the mistake with the board orientation a "spoof within a spoof", aimed at the non-chess playing public that invariably makes this mistake in movies and commercials? 🙂
    youre not going to believe this, but one year, the highschool yearbook ran a pic of the chess club, and they had the board set up wrong as well..
  5. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    16 Oct '06 18:37
    If I had a nickel for everytime I saw the board set up wrong I'd be quite wealthy. If they're not allowed to talk about chess club how'd they get all those members? sign language?
  6. over there
    Moves
    16 Oct '06 20:17
    I have never seen "Fight Club" but this was pretty dam hilarious!
  7. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    16 Oct '06 22:24
    That's our President who sent that video in, Micah Hughey.

Go Hughey, Go.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree