1. Joined
    19 Feb '10
    Moves
    04 Aug '10 11:34
    Anybody having experience with this site ? How is it compare with RedHotPawn ? I read that this site allows you to play unlimited number of game simultaneously.
  2. gumtree
    Moves
    04 Aug '10 12:21
    Originally posted by gordias
    Anybody having experience with this site ? How is it compare with RedHotPawn ? I read that this site allows you to play unlimited number of game simultaneously.
    Yes, you can play unlimited games for free. chess.com also has better blitz so I am told. Never touch the stuff meself. OK, much better than here? Nope. The adverts are very intrusive, there are regular nagging messages to get you to pay up and the whole site feels less professional than here. I decided to pay to play here but not to pay for chess.com. I don't think I have been to chess.com in over a month now. So, there you have it. If you wants lots of games for free and don't mind being nagged go to chess.com. If you prefer a more professional, cleaner site and have a small amount of money to spend, then this site is much better. I strongly suspect that spending a few dollars/pounds/shekels here will do you far more good than that new opening book you might be thinking about.
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    04 Aug '10 12:421 edit
    I wonder how long an RHP.com thread would last at chess.com

Post there, and let me know. I don't use the site.

(this is also a post to show if you like forums RHP is probably better. A bit more lenient as far as topics go)
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Aug '10 13:241 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

(this is also a post to show if you like forums RHP is probably better. A bit more lenient as far as topics go)
    It is probably a glitch in my operating system (XP) but on either site, if I play enough blitz (and so far ONLY on those two sites and just blitz) my computer reboots itself in the middle of a blitz game. I don't go to either now because of that. Not every game mind you, just intermittent reboots, both at RHP blitz and chess.com. I wish I could get to the bottom of that problem. I think I had the same problem with a totally different comp with the same XP CD. Must be something in that OS CD that is making a soft error of some kind but darned if I can find it.
  5. gumtree
    Moves
    04 Aug '10 13:26
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

From my experience, about 10 minutes. I wouldn't be posting any opinions of another site over there, even if I was comparing that site very unfavourably with chess.com. That way lies slapped wrists and grumpy staff.
  6. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    04 Aug '10 15:23
    Originally posted by Diophantus
    From my experience, about 10 minutes. I wouldn't be posting any opinions of another site over there, even if I was comparing that site very unfavourably with chess.com. That way lies slapped wrists and grumpy staff.
    they will also NEVER stop spamming your email after they get it, no matter how much you complain. so if you register, use a dummy one from hotmail etc.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '10 18:13
    I playvthere sometimesvso I will ask there if anyone there ever plays on rhp

Grit
  8. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    04 Aug '10 18:37
    RHP has the best forums of any of the CC sites. Not even close, half of the chess.com forum posts make my eyes bleed.

I like chess mentor though I wouldn't play serious games there due to my perception that the player pool is engine happy.
  9. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    04 Aug '10 23:26
    I play blitz there as the site is WAY better for that. The major factor is that you can move a piece while it is your opponents move which means it is totally possible to make 80 moves in 60 seconds if you are really quick. RHP is my home, but who wants to play unrated blitz? An 1800 correspondence player might only be a 1400 blitz player..blitz ratings should have been introduced years ago, uchess has always had them...why not here? Major fail imo, i dread to think how many people have been lost to chess.com as a result.
  10. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    04 Aug '10 23:29
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It is probably a glitch in my operating system (XP) but on either site, if I play enough blitz (and so far ONLY on those two sites and just blitz) my computer reboots itself in the middle of a blitz game. I don't go to either now because of that. Not every game mind you, just intermittent reboots, both at RHP blitz and chess.com. I wish I could get to the b ...[text shortened]... e something in that OS CD that is making a soft error of some kind but darned if I can find it.
    Is you computer hot to the touch when this happens? Or is it a software thing..?
  11. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    04 Aug '10 23:41
    At chess.com I seemed to always play smart@$$ American teenagers (I'm American, so I'm generalizing in context), while at RHP I have played interesting and cool people of all ages from all over the world.

I love the people and the flavor here, which is why I subscribed.

Paul
  12. Joined
    19 Feb '10
    Moves
    05 Aug '10 06:30
    RHP site seems cleaner and more professional as mentioned. I'll probably stick with RHP.
  13. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    05 Aug '10 08:59
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    At chess.com I seemed to always play smart@$$ American teenagers (I'm American, so I'm generalizing in context), while at RHP I have played interesting and cool people of all ages from all over the world.

I love the people and the flavor here, which is why I subscribed.

Paul
    I have actually disabled chat on chess.com as i've met SO many rude people. Kids taking the mick out of you when they win, that sort of thing. RHP has a great community, i can't remember the last time that happened to me here..
  14. Joined
    28 Mar '10
    Moves
    05 Aug '10 10:10
    Think I played 1 blitz there some years ago,not sure though,could've been another site.
    Anyway,I dropped a piece early on and my opponent started yelling I was Toby but went silent when he dropped his queen.Then I dropped my queen and I was Toby again.

Never understood it.Who is Toby 😕

toet.
  15. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    05 Aug '10 10:36
    Originally posted by gordias
    I tried it and almost had a seizure from the contant ms pacman pop ups. HOrribly distracting, less professional, awful graphics. RHP is far superior!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree