1. timed out again
    Moves
    25 May '10 14:03
    Originally posted by ketchuplover
    Too bad white had ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE TO PLAY QH5+ (S)he may have won!
    Yeah they have attracted quite a few people new to chess it seems.
  2. Romania
    Moves
    26 May '10 23:51
    Yeah, yeah, cracking down on cheaters:
    YouTube&feature=related
  3. Romania
    Moves
    26 May '10 23:53
    Originally posted by enrico20

Playchess/ICC can differentiate between task switching and actual cheating. Chess Cube can't.[/b]
    Unfortunately playchess does not: 5 task switches during a game will identify you as a cheater, no matter if you simply read an email or watch a movie while playing. That leaves only one serious site.
  4. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    27 May '10 00:53
    I think it's just a matter of time before I hang a piece and get accused of using Fritz giveaway.
  5. timed out again
    Moves
    27 May '10 08:10
    Originally posted by cotoi
    Unfortunately playchess does not: 5 task switches during a game will identify you as a cheater, no matter if you simply read an email or watch a movie while playing. That leaves only one serious site.
    Unfortunately you are lying. Read the posts before carefully and see how many times I task-switched during RATED games ON playchess. If you can record a movie of you task-switching 5 times and being flagged as a cheater then do this.

OTHERWISE YOU ARE LYING JUST AS THE OTHER FELLOW DID.
  6. Forum Moderator
    27 May '10 10:12
    Unfortunately you are lying. Read the posts before carefully and see how many times I task-switched during RATED games ON playchess. If you can record a movie of you task-switching 5 times and being flagged as a cheater then do this.

Cool it. Don't turn this into a personal argument.
  7. e4
    Moves
    27 May '10 11:10
    Hi Enrico.

I believe you!!

It may be that it is not an automatic thing and the scanner has to be
    pointed at a suspect (or selected group of players).

Or perhaps as a newbie they leave you alone for the first few weeks.

I joined Chess Cube when it first started left it for a few weeks,
    forgot my password and now cannot get back on. No big deal.
  8. Romania
    Moves
    27 May '10 12:13

Two years ago I had my rating reset on playchess because of that. I emailed a sysadmin who confirmed that, if you switch the task more than 5 time during a game, first you get a warning that "cheating leads to account termination" and then your rating is reset. There is nothing one could do since the process was completely automatic.

I don't know what happened since then as I won't ever play again there.
  9. timed out again
    Moves
    27 May '10 13:14
    Originally posted by Forum Moderator
    Cool it. Don't turn this into a personal argument.
    Apologies for going overboard.
  10. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    29 May '10 19:33
    I've never been on the 'Play chess' site does it employ a analysis board similar to here at RHP?
  11. Joined
    25 Jul '07
    Moves
    08 Jun '10 23:081 edit
    After this thread I joined ChessCube to have a look. The interface is nice, and it's easy to get a game. However, I had a slight problem with the anti-cheater wizardry:

In one game, my opponent tried to abort the game in a totally lost position (for him). I refused .. so he then lets the clock count down with 6:30 left rather than playing on. This happens from time to time at FICS, and it's not a big deal - I do other stuff while the clock is ticking and listen for the move. However, if the interface is going to log task switching and interpret it as cheating, this is not possible.

So, the jury is still out, but certainly for those 6 minutes the system seemed rather annoying ...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree