1. Joined
    08 Jan '12
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 18:00
    And? How can you remember a thread in a forum from a website 4 years before you joined?

I never post here, I just lurk, but to be fair I remember the Skeeter stuff even though it looks like I shouldn't. Reason? I stopped playing for a while due to real life, and when I decided to start again I'd forgotten my password and didn't have that email any more.

My previous account was pwn66. Looks like I haven't got much further than my old account in terms of rating.
  2. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    03 Oct '13 01:36
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Here ya go Ron -

It has been suggested to me that I stop posting on this forum. I now think that is a good idea. SO THIS IS MY LAST POST ON THE CHESS FORUM.
    No hard feelings on my part. Good luck to all and may the Lord bless you all.

http://mail.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=145363&page=19
    Since I'm such a troll, I'd point out that he already lied and leaving now doesn't get rid of the lie, so he may as well keep posting here.
  3. Joined
    01 Apr '09
    Moves
    03 Oct '13 16:21
    When a player is suspected of using a chess engine, RHP runs a check of their games and bans them if they are cheating. Would it make sense for RHP to automatically run a check anytime a player is rated over 2300, for instance? Making it unavoidable at some rating would add some credibility to the site.
  4. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    03 Oct '13 16:27
    Originally posted by John Osmar
    When a player is suspected of using a chess engine, RHP runs a check of their games and bans them if they are cheating. Would it make sense for RHP to automatically run a check anytime a player is rated over 2300, for instance? Making it unavoidable at some rating would add some credibility to the site.
    RHP is seemingly a not for profit chess site so they don't have the funds to pay for such measures.
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    03 Oct '13 19:12
    Originally posted by MISTER CHESS
    RHP is seemingly a not for profit chess site so they don't have the funds to pay for such measures.
    They had a team of volunteers doing matchup analysis, but one of them got banned for cheating and that was that.
  6. Joined
    21 Jan '11
    Moves
    03 Oct '13 22:481 edit
    I think ultimately the way forward lays in having someone write some code, that would allow for games to be automatically checked against one of the top chess engines, with any suspicious results thrown up for further analysis. Perhaps all games of users above a certain level.

Making it a condition that everyone over a certain level would have to disclose their identity privately to the site hierarchy would be a good move too.

I take Robbie's point that players may be playing more like machines, but think at the levels we see here, players moves should not correspond as strongly to the machines top moves, as a super grandmasters might.

As with all these things, when you want to catch cheats, you continually trawl for them with a variety of nets, knowing that over a period of time, it is difficult for them to remain at large.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree