1. Donationbriancron
    nunquam perdo
    Washington, DC
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 15:31
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    A quick google turned up these reviews:

http://www.grailmaster.com/misc/chess/comp/Chessphones.htm

I'm getting a RAZR for X-mas (Mrs. Santa said it is under the tree), so I'll be wanting a chess program for it. I'm just starting my search and welcome suggestions.
    My phone is similar to the razor LG 8300...

The Chess 2.0 software is perfect and it doesn't use airtime
  2. Joined
    28 Nov '06
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 16:53
    I downloaded a chess program for my RAZR. I think there is only one available for it. It actually isn't that bad of a little game. Costs about 7 dollars I think, and even has a self rating system, though not very accurate.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 17:526 edits
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I agree, every cell phone should have the functionality to call other cell phones and even call som older ones with a wire to a wall socket...

But the whole universe of functions of the cell phone of today one wonder sometimes, doesn't one?
    If I told someone twentyfive years ago that in the future people can play chess with a wireless telephone, what ...[text shortened]... y farm rather quickly.

Future should be ahead of us, but now we already are in the future...
    Can you imagine showing our chess playing, picture taking, message recording, musical ring tone, conferance call speaker phone, calculator, GPS capable cell phones to Edison? "Watson I need you" would take on a whole new meaning, eh!
  4. Joined
    28 Nov '06
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 18:04
    Ha, yes. If you recall, the old series "Lost in Space" was supposed to be set in 1996. At least we don't have robots that annoying yet
  5. Joined
    25 Nov '06
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 19:55
    I think that opening definitely has some tactical bonuses. No, seriously. If I was playing one of the many people in real life who boast and say they are better than me, then I might play that just to spice up a quick, boring game (which I would win).
  6. Domincan Republic
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 20:35
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    A quick google turned up these reviews:

http://www.grailmaster.com/misc/chess/comp/Chessphones.htm

I'm getting a RAZR for X-mas (Mrs. Santa said it is under the tree), so I'll be wanting a chess program for it. I'm just starting my search and welcome suggestions.
    I don't recomend that my friend, I would recomend to buy a palm that works as a celphone and instantly install Openchess wich is very good, I have the ECO database in it and is is very acurate, you can also practice openings even with coomentary, create your oun openings book, anotate games and then export them to analyse with a stronger program on PC, set up positions, and a lot of other functions wich are for the more advanced user.

I have one and it is good for me, also you can use your palm as an organyzer, (tv, vhs, dvd, cablebox and sound equipment) remote controller, MP3 player, check email, and a lot other things with the rigth software.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree