Chess Psychology

Chess Psychology

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
28 Oct 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
It was meant for fun. Can't you guys laugh?
What is funny about cheating on a chess site?

Chess Librarian

The Stacks

Moves
28 Oct 12

Originally posted by Kegge
When a self-proclaimed Christian uses the "only chess" forum to label others as "anesthetic genitalia", we are all cheated of valuable content.

I am confident that this situation will be resolved at some point, but I have no idea when or how.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Oct 12

Originally posted by Kegge
I meant my constant reference to psychology, even when it may not be psychology at all. It was meant for entertainment and humor and not to be taken seriously.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Oct 12

Originally posted by Paul Leggett
When a self-proclaimed Christian uses the "only chess" forum to label others as "anesthetic genitalia", we are all cheated of valuable content.

I am confident that this situation will be resolved at some point, but I have no idea when or how.
You are the numbnuts, not me. Problem resolved.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
28 Oct 12

I meant my constant reference to psychology, even when it may not be psychology at all. It was meant for entertainment and humor and not to be taken seriously.
If you're going to do comedy you need
someone to write your material for you.

That idea shouldn't be alien to you.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by wolfgang59
If you're going to do comedy you need
someone to write your material for you.

That idea shouldn't be alien to you.
I am just an amatuer at comedy as well as chess. But now that I made the mistake of analyzing that game, even though it was not in detail, kingshill now knows at least one place he went wrong. So I am sure he will make a note of it and not make that mistake again. I will never make the mistake of analyzing my games here again. It makes no friends at all.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
28 Oct 12

kingshill now knows at least one place he went wrong. So I am sure he will make a note of it and not make that mistake again.
I must have missed this bit, which move are you talking about?

p

Moves
28 Oct 12
8 edits

Originally posted by Marinkatomb
I think he is referring to the move where he used psychology.

Sorry! I just couldn't resist.

The real lesson to be learned is no matter how hard you try to win, some cheeseball can always pull out an engine and rob you of your hard work. We are all at the mercy of these clowns.

Edits: Please excuse all the edits. I had two hidden windows, and the first one kept reading blank. Then, the two combined into one came up blank! Then, I decided to just chuck the whole thing. Then, I realized I already had a response. A lot can happen in a matter of seconds! I've put back up the mangled comments in the last form (without the hidden brackets that still don't seem to work).

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
28 Oct 12

Originally posted by paulbuchmanfromfics
I think he is referring to the move where he used psychology.

[hidden] Sorry! I just couldn't resist. The real lesson to be learned is no matter how hard you try to win, some cheeseball can always pull out an engine and rob you of your hard work. We are all at the mercy of these clowns. [/hidden]

Please excuse all the edits. I had two hidden windows, and the first one kept reading blank.
I don't think i've faced many engines to be fair, though it's hard to know for sure. They're normally pretty easy to spot, especially when they post analysis of their games in the forum.

p

Moves
28 Oct 12

I don't think i've faced many engines to be fair, though it's hard to know for sure. They're normally pretty easy to spot, especially when they post analysis of their games in the forum.
"It's better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

For some reason, a poster here (not you Marinkatomb) always reminds me of this quote.

k
Mr Ring Rusty

Wales

Moves
29 Oct 12

I haven't had time to look at the game in detail yet so I don't know where I went wrong. I'm going to over the coming weeks and months.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
29 Oct 12

"I don't believe in psychology. I believe in good moves."- Bobby Fischer

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
29 Oct 12
3 edits

Another psychological game from RJH.
In this one he (RJH) deliberately plays awful moves to lull
his opponent into making a mistake. Unfortunately his
opponent is too good (1570) for that!

Enjoy!

Game 8179299

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Oct 12

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
"I don't believe in psychology. I believe in good moves."- Bobby Fischer
He sounds like a guy with little sense of humor. He must have been a very boring person.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Another psychological game from RJH.
In this one he (RJH) deliberately plays awful moves to lull
his opponent into making a mistake. Unfortunately his
opponent is too good (1570) for that!

Enjoy!

Game 8179299
Psychology does not always result in a win. He was not supposed to take that rook at the end. It may have worked OTB, who knows?