1. Standard memberBlueEyedRook
    Ol' Blue Eyes
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 04:55
    Just curious why you left out internet chess club?
    Fair question, and unfortunately I don't have a very satisfactory answer: I never really tried it. It is a pay-for-use service, and I generally try to stick with free venues. It could very well be the best... is it worth the money?
  2. girls imaginations
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 06:50
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    You are a horrible chess player and an even worse person.
    You dont even know me
  3. Under Cover
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 12:32
    Originally posted by trallphaz
    You dont even know me
    Ravello offered you solid advice and recommended an excellent site to you. You were a jerk. Nuff said.
  4. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 16:02
    Originally posted by BlueEyedRook
    Fair question, and unfortunately I don't have a very satisfactory answer: I never really tried it. It is a pay-for-use service, and I generally try to stick with free venues. It could very well be the best... is it worth the money?
    Yes
  5. Standard memberGrandmouster
    ChessObsessed
    Earth
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 17:16
    For a serious Chess Player, its the Meca of all sites. I've had my ups and downs with it, but for all its bells and whistles, its worth the $$.
    You can play for free as a guest, or get a student discount.
    I like to get a game when i want too, so for that reason alone its good.
    Try a free 1 week membership, and if they ask who sent you, tell 'em grandmouster...😉
  6. girls imaginations
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 17:56

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. girls imaginations
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 17:59
    Originally posted by BLReid
    Ravello offered you solid advice and recommended an excellent site to you. You were a jerk. Nuff said.
    well what about when we were messagin each other and he kept callin me a f***** idiot and kept callin me names and treated me meaner than i did him? am i the one being a jerk there? it wouldnt be bad if he said it in a joking manner, but he wasnt. he was being solidly mean.
  8. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 18:02
    well what about when we were messagin each other and he kept callin me a f***** idiot and kept callin me names and treated me meaner than i did him? am i the one being a jerk there? it wouldnt be bad if he said it in a joking manner, but he wasnt. he was being solidly mean.
    Well,when someone I gave good advice start sending me messages like "Leave me alone you moron and stay out of my thread" I can't answer "Thanks,you can keep insulting me as long as you want".

Wake up.
  9. girls imaginations
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 19:04
    Originally posted by Ravello
    Well,when someone I gave good advice start sending me messages like "Leave me alone you moron and stay out of my thread" I can't answer "Thanks,you can keep insulting me as long as you want".

Wake up.
    i never said that.
  10. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 21:19
    i never said that.
    Yeah,sure,and I'm the reincarnation of Mikhail Tal........
  11. Standard memberSaint Nick
    Pimp of the elves
    San Diego, CA
    Moves
    21 Dec '05 11:53
    See this is why I like this thread! I obviously know what RHP is, but what is chesstactics? Chess Tactics Server?

Thanks!

(As for leaving RHP off the list, I just discovered it fairly recently! Got my avatar just today! I'll need to update my list 🙂
    They are referring to chesstactics.org
    A law professor wrote a book and a tactics quiz as a hobby. All of it free on the above site. The book has some good info, but the quiz portion was especially good. Flip through postion diagrams and try to find the correct move- great for waiting on opponents. Unfortunately, the quiz portion was shut down recently for no known reason.

P.S. Trallphaz is an idiot.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree