1. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 21:45
    Man! Oh! Man! Oh! Man! I have about 6 USCF rated chess tournaments to go to this years! Before the year is out, I'm going to get my USCF rating up, up and away! That 1152 rating I had back in 1994 is still on record at the USCF! 🙂 http://www.uschess.org/msa/MbrDtlMain.php?12587475

One tournament is coming up on April 8th! I'm so excited!
  2. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 21:54
    Don't wet yourself.

Good luck theres nothing more exciting than an OTB rated tournament.
  3. London
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 21:55
    Originally posted by powershaker
    Man! Oh! Man! Oh! Man! I have about 6 USCF rated chess tournaments to go to this years! Before the year is out, I'm going to get my USCF rating up, up and away! That 1152 rating I had back in 1994 is still on record at the USCF! 🙂 http://www.uschess.org/msa/MbrDtlMain.php?12587475

I reckon that you couldn't care less about the new tourneys or your OTB rating, you just wanted an oppertunity to show off your 1724 CC rating. Pity you can't get there on RHP.
  4. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 22:064 edits
    Originally posted by Freddie2006
    I reckon that you couldn't care less about the new tourneys or your OTB rating, you just wanted an oppertunity to show off your 1724 CC rating. Pity you can't get there on RHP.
    I believe I will put more value in a USCF CC rating of 1724 than a 1724 redhotpawn.com rating any day. And, probably, the reason I can't get there is because of cheaters, and rating point divers when I beat them, and goof balls who won't resign like jerbee47... the likes of which I consider internet chess scum. The internet is prone to have intermittent cheaters, and I know it happens on here. I do not use books or databases, like I've said before. And, yes, my USCF 1724 CC rating is real, and yes, it is on the internet for all to see. And, I plan on getting my standard rating up this year, so you guys can see me cross the 1700 sound barrier. And, as for you Freddie, I don't really care what you think. I don't care about what people think on here. I will play chess for me, no one else, and especially not to prove something to a bunch of mysterious personalities over the internet who have nothing to do with the real world events in my life. I think Rahim is the only person on here I'd invite to come visit me in Hawaii so he could have a free place to stay. Nah, well, I can't say I haven't met some other nice people on redhotpawn.com. But, I own a strong antipathy for the four horsemen of the Apocalypse! Bahahahah!

p.s. Also, you're wrong! I love OTB tournaments. I play in Waikiki Beach all the time on this island. Blitz and Standard.
  5. London
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 22:122 edits
    Othe reason I can't get there is because of cheaters, and rating point divers when I beat them, and goof balls who won't resign like jerbee47... the likes of which I consider internet chess scum. [/b]
    AWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! poor baby...do you want a hug...do you...do you weally?..awwww.

Other people seem to get a rating higher than yours perfectly easily, and if you look at the many threads there have been regarding relationships between USCF, RHP, ELO etc...ratings, you'll see that there is almost always no correllation as to whether one is higher than the other or not. Sometimes players have higher ratings here than USCF, you don't here them complaining that the cheaters at USCF stop them from getting to their true rating. Anyway, you're a sub, what's the problem with someone wanting to play out a game, it will no doubt help your endgame and his.

edit: the people who I think are the biggest type of idiots on this site are those who don't close their italics, meaning that the next person's post is italic as well...how inconsiderate.
  6. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 22:151 edit
    AWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! poor baby...do you want a hug...do you...do you weally?..awwww.

Other people seem to get a rating higher than yours perfectly easily, and if you look at the many threads there have been regarding relationships between USCF, RHP, ELO etc...ratings, you'll see that there is almost always no correllation as to whether one is higher th their italics, meaning that the next person's post is italic as well...how inconsiderate.
    I'm not saying that I am complaining about redhotpawn.com and the 1563 rating I have. I am saying I don't really care as much about my RHP rating as I do a true sanctioned USCF rating! Which one is more important? Yeah, that's what I thought. Oh, and plus, I already know mostly why my RHP rating is lower than my USCF rating in correspondence chess. It's because I take longer with USCF CC events, and I take a shorter time with RHP events. In fact, I play quick chess moves on here. But, now that I'm home in Hawaii, I will take more time on my moves and my games after these present games that I'm playing.
  7. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 22:16

Then I guess we'll hear you bragging here about some random games you won that we won't have the possibility to check from other sources but you.......
  8. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 22:18
    It's because I take longer with USCF CC events, and I take a shorter time with RHP events. In fact, I play quick chess moves on here.
    Then you might explain how you think to play better in a Blitz OTB event if your excuse for poor play here is that you play quick moves.
  9. London
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 22:22
    I'm not saying that I am complaining about redhotpawn.com and the 1563 rating I have. I am saying I don't really care as much about my RHP rating as I do a true sanctioned USCF rating! Which one is more important? Yeah, that's what I thought. Oh, and plus, I already know mostly why my RHP rating is lower than my USCF rating in correspondence chess. ...[text shortened]... I will take more time on my moves and my games after these present games that I'm playing.
    So your rating with rocket up to "what is should be" then? I can't wait. I know in my heart of hearts that you're a 1700+ player really.
  10. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 22:25
    Originally posted by Ravello
    Then I guess we'll hear you bragging here about some random games you won that we won't have the possibility to check from other sources but you.......
    Ummm, no, you can check the facts of my USCF games - wins and losses - after April 8th on: http://www.uschess.org/msa/MbrDtlMain.php?12587475! By the way, I don't care to prove anything to you, but you guys can keep track of my USCF rating after the tournaments coming up.
  11. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 22:26
    So your rating with rocket up to "what is should be" then? I can't wait. I know in my heart of hearts that you're a 1700+ player really.
    I don't lie. I'm a Christian. Honest. I know my strength. 1700 isn't all that big a deal in the chess world anyway.
  12. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 22:26
    ... And, probably, the reason I can't get there is because of cheaters, and rating point divers when I beat them, and goof balls who won't resign like jerbee47... ...
    why do you think playing uscf cc somehow prevents people from cheating? it doesn't.

-if you played 2000+ people here, it could be possible you'd come across a cheater. but you don't.

-if you played a 2000+ engine user, it would not affect your rating in any different way than playing a non-cheater of similar strength!

-somebody not resigning in a lost position won't lower your rating. it's your bad playing that has lowered it, those wins to come will only cover up your previous bad play.

I must say I'm still just a little bit sceptical about your uscf cc rating. how many games you've played there? is it a provisional rating after just a couple of games? your games don't look like even close to 1700 to me, although they've gotten distinctly better since two to three months or so.
  13. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 23:17
    Originally posted by wormwood
    why do you think playing uscf cc somehow prevents people from cheating? it doesn't.

-if you played 2000+ people here, it could be possible you'd come across a cheater. but you don't.

-if you played a 2000+ engine user, [b]it would not affect your rating in any different way than playing a non-cheater of similar strength!

-somebody not resigning ...[text shortened]... 1700 to me, although they've gotten distinctly better since two to three months or so.[/b]
    I posted on the other thread but I also would like more info about this Uscf CC rating. Years, # of games etc, rules etc... was it postal or online?

I hear that some CC place allow you to use computer programs since they can't really prevent it. Does anyone know what these sites are? One player at our club is a master in CC chess but in OTB he's around 1700ish. Some people are like wow, nice work but i'm thinking how do that you are playing and not your program since program is allowed for the CC he plays. I know using a program in CC won't give you the same results as using a prog. in blitz chess but still fritz or some other computer should be able to get to 2000+ at least in CC right with a patzer operating it and using db's now and then.
  14. London
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 23:32
    I don't lie. I'm a Christian. Honest. I know my strength. 1700 isn't all that big a deal in the chess world anyway.
    James Woodley didn't lie either.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 23:55
    I hear that some CC place allow you to use computer programs since they can't really prevent it.
    The 17th World Correspondence Chess Champion Ivar Bern (an OTB IM) used computer assistance to win the world title. You can see a picture of him doing so in front of Fritz in the ICCF webzine at

http://amici.iccf.com/issues/Issue_07/issue_07_ivar_bern_part_1.html

ICCF say it is not possible to prevent computer use so they don't ban it. Result - almost everyone does.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree