1. Joined
    01 Nov '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 22:33
    I see many people like to help out others. DF himself have already offered private tutoring, and I'm wondering if others would do the same. Would improve the community atmosphere. So perhaps present yourselves and pupils will be lining up 🙂
  2. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 22:59
    Originally posted by MoneyMaker7
    I see many people like to help out others. DF himself have already offered private tutoring, and I'm wondering if others would do the same. Would improve the community atmosphere. So perhaps present yourselves and pupils will be lining up 🙂
    What do you want to know? 😀
  3. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 23:05
    Go over to the private forum
  4. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 23:071 edit
    On a 1 on 1 basis it is time consuming and hard work. The idea was (is) to try and create interesting games that everyone can think about.

But many people offer help and advice on a variety of openings, middle games and endings so you just need to read through the threads. There is a lot of good advice here.

At the end of the day there is no substitute for hard work and that is something I often skimp on myself and lose because of it.

Edit: Also a lot of clans will help their members but remember it takes time and there are no instant solutions to improvement.
  5. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 23:11
    I dont mind tutoring on playchess, but im too lazy to do it via RHP. Waiting for messages and moves makes a simple process hard work and tiresome. Besides playchess has training rooms which make it much easier.
  6. Joined
    01 Nov '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 23:18
    Well I'm tired
    Anyone up for a game 😛
  7. Donationbriancron
    nunquam perdo
    Washington, DC
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 23:371 edit
    it sounded like MoneyMaker was suggesting something else.

Like a "buddy program" or Big Brothers Big Sisters

If you are in a position to be a coach then volunteer yourself here and prospective students could PM you. when you got one just post that you are not available.

If that wasn't her idea then it's mine!!!

that gave me an idea for a site suggestion

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree