1. Joined
    21 Jan '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '07 17:121 edit
    note: game in progress - just asking to clarify rule, not asking for advice
    Am i misunderstanding the rule?
    Game Game 2779639
    After white played 36. Qf8g7 i put the checkmark in claim draw, and made my move. It did not accept it as a draw? I was told that i had to claim the draw as the repetition occurred - but.. i did? If you look , there have been no further moves still. Moves 32W, 34W, and 36W the board is in the same spot all three times.
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    08 Jan '07 17:25
    Originally posted by TwinsPlusOne
    [b]note: game in progress - just asking to clarify rule, not asking for advice
    Am i misunderstanding the rule?
    Game Game 2779639
    After white played 36. Qf8g7 i put the checkmark in claim draw, and made my move. It did not accept it as a draw? I was told that i had to claim the draw as the repetition occurred - but.. i did? If you look , ...[text shortened]... no further moves still. Moves 32W, 34W, and 36W the board is in the same spot all three times.[/b]
    Looks legit to me. Send feedback.

D
  3. Joined
    21 Jan '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '07 17:28
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Looks legit to me. Send feedback.

D
    Thanks - i had, and received a response. I've sent a followup response, so i'll wait the counter response out.
    i had thought maybe i was incorrect.
  4. Joined
    17 May '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '07 17:422 edits
  5. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    08 Jan '07 17:59
    You can only claim the draw when after your executed move, the position you move into has been on the board three times. Hence white can claim a draw but black cannot.

From the FAQ
    Third repetition of a position. If any identical position appears three times during a game, then the game can be claimed as a draw. Please note that each repetition must be identical with regards to en passant and castling availability. A draw can only be claimed along with a move that contributes to a repetition. Claiming after the repetition has occurred is not possible, unless the same position can be repeated again on a future move.
  6. Joined
    21 Jan '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '07 18:16
    Thanks- I wasn't aware that only the person making the move could claim the draw.. so 3 fold repetition draws can never by by accident.. the person must move into it and claim it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree