05 Mar '08 23:15
    Club 9

Chess... its an epidemic!
  2. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 23:31
    Well, at least we now know what is occupying Russ's thoughts.

I have more than an inkling that Clubs will be admin's way of moving the burden of game moderation (or not) and other time-consuming administrative matters out of their hands and into the hands of autonomous club leaders, who will be delegated with the task of creating their own sets of rules and policing their own club members (or not). So that the punishment for cheating might be banishment from a club, but not necessarily banishment from RHP. An offender would just need to find a club that tolerates engine use...
  3. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 23:49
    Clubs look to be a great way to explore openings among like minded members. A Russian Game Club, for example, could have members who always would be sure that the games would open 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nf6, avoiding inter-clan challenges where one side might not play along and instead put forth a Vienna or Bishop's or whatever. Or am I just confused?
  4. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    06 Mar '08 12:59
    Originally posted by Doctor Rat
    Clubs look to be a great way to explore openings among like minded members. A Russian Game Club, for example, could have members who always would be sure that the games would open 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nf6, avoiding inter-clan challenges where one side might not play along and instead put forth a Vienna or Bishop's or whatever. Or am I just confused?
    Wow...that's deep😕
  5. Amsterdam
    Moves
    06 Mar '08 14:04
    Please feel welcome to join the club! Club 6

Club life in Amsterdam.. the good life!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree