Originally posted by ih8sens
    Turning out to be a wicked game too.
    Wow, a patzer she is not.
  2. Joined
    29 Mar '07
    Moves
    13 Apr '07 20:20
    something about you blundering.. which 100000 tactics later hasn't happened. This is getting really really frustrating.
    The key to beating me like that is to make me think that there isnt any threats! Look at my other games and you'll know what I mean
  3. Joined
    29 Mar '07
    Moves
    13 Apr '07 20:21
    Originally posted by AlphaAlekhine
    Wow, a patzer she is not.
    Put me with the experts at my club and I am
  4. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    13 Apr '07 20:23
    thats because black played 2...f4???? I mean, its a bad move to begin with...
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    Originally posted by Patzergrl
    Put me with the experts at my club and I am
    Then you must not be great OTB..

CC is a different story, you've left nothing! Not a single tactic you haven't covered. And your up three pawns now.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    Originally posted by ChessJester
    thats because black played 2...f4???? I mean, its a bad move to begin with...
    hehe... I had to throw a gambit in there.. that's what the argument was about in the first place.
  7. Joined
    29 Mar '07
    Moves
    13 Apr '07 20:26
    hehe... I had to throw a gambit in there.. that's what the argument was about in the first place.
    I admit though this is a very fun game
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Apr '07 20:281 edit
    Originally posted by Patzergrl
    I admit though this is a very fun game
    You put capablanca's gambit countering skills to shame!

In fact, I just changed my profile in your honour.
  9. Joined
    29 Mar '07
    Moves
    13 Apr '07 20:32
    You put capablanca's gambit countering skills to shame!

In fact, I just changed my profile in your honour.
    lol
  10. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    13 Apr '07 20:37
    for black there isn't much gambit possibility against 1.e4 e5... that opening really requires alot of book knowledge on main lines like the ruy lopez, phildors defence, scotch game or giucio piano... they all involve fighting for initiative and piece activity is probably the most important aspect of these openings. If you can find a good pawn gambit it will usually be in the middle game... or so I have found.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Apr '07 20:40
    Originally posted by ChessJester
    for black there isn't much gambit possibility against 1.e4 e5... that opening really requires alot of book knowledge on main lines like the ruy lopez, phildors defence, scotch game or giucio piano... they all involve fighting for initiative and piece activity is probably the most important aspect of these openings. If you can find a good pawn gambit it will usually be in the middle game... or so I have found.
    I completely agree with you, my pawn gambit there with the latvian was just a fun experiment. But you know what, I really like the latvian (despite the fact that I'm getting my PoTaTo kicked.
  12. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    13 Apr '07 20:41
    I completely agree with you, my pawn gambit there with the latvian was just a fun experiment. But you know what, I really like the latvian (despite the fact that I'm getting my PoTaTo kicked.
    It can be fun forsure... especially with a bottle of brandy 😛

afterall, we all play chess to have fun... right?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree