1. Joined
    29 Apr '08
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 18:50
    I would like to play in a congress but have not got a grade and have no actual real life match results. i have currently a score of 1529 in rhp Played134 Won73 Lost38 Drew24 can this be converted into a grade i can use Thansk
  2. SubscriberRagwort
    Senecio Jacobaea
    Yorkshire
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 19:26
    Originally posted by pawne4
    I would like to play in a congress but have not got a grade and have no actual real life match results. i have currently a score of 1529 in rhp Played134 Won73 Lost38 Drew24 can this be converted into a grade i can use Thansk
    The short answer is no, the RHP grade cannot be converted into a grade for any other use.
    You can apply the ECF conversion which gives 109 ECF. (RHP-650)/8. but I repeat it means nothing and no controller will accept it.

Nothing stops you entering a congress as an ungraded player however some prizes will not be available to you unless you are in the Open section. To have a grade for next season you will need
    to have played 9 rated games before 31st May (two congresses in other words), but they have to be either all standard or all rapid not a mix and match.

My guess is that a steady 1500-1600 on here should try the lowest section or "minor" first and if you achieve a very strong result go up to the next section at the next tournament with your result in the first tournament as "evidence" for the organiser.
  3. Joined
    18 Mar '10
    Moves
    21 Feb '11 08:35
    You can enter a congress as an Ungraded player, it just means you cant win any prize money. I would agree that your RHP grade can not be used as evidence, but indicates that you should go for the Minor section.
    Playing for a club will help to get you a grade, all the congress dates and clubs can be found at;

http://www.englishchess.org.uk/
  4. Joined
    29 Apr '08
    Moves
    09 Mar '11 17:42
    Thanks for the posts I did play 5 won 2 drew 2 lost 1 so was quite pleased the organiser gave me a 110E score which matches the FIDE rating formula as
    (our rating - 650)/8 entered into Minor section and played others grades 113 to 125
    it was very enjoyable and I recomend it to anyone

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree