Counterplay

Counterplay

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A

Moves
16 Jan 07

In this months issue of Chess Life, there is a scathing letter to the editor. In said letter, the author rips Chess Life, and the USCF in general, mentioning such issues of the lack of international coverage, a lack of explaining to readers the importance of particular tournaments, and an overall mismanagement of the publication. The writer also mentions that Chess in the United States is "minor league."

Since this forum is a fair representation of the World Community, I would like to get your opinions on this. What could be done to make Chess Life a better magazine, and is Chess in the U.S. seen as "minor league" to you?

KM

Moves
16 Jan 07

Originally posted by AlphaAlekhine
In this months issue of Chess Life, there is a scathing letter to the editor. In said letter, the author rips Chess Life, and the USCF in general, mentioning such issues of the lack of international coverage, a lack of explaining to readers the importance of particular tournaments, and an overall mismanagement of the publication. The writer also ment ...[text shortened]... o make Chess Life a better magazine, and is Chess in the U.S. seen as "minor league" to you?
I would say yes chess is minor league in the us. Thanks Kevin

z

Moves
16 Jan 07

Being a member of the USCF, I expect most coverage to be of US events and focus on the Kamskys, Nakamuras and Susan Polgars of the world not Topalov, Kramnik et al. That said, I would like most coverage to be US based, but they should give coverage to world championship cycles, Chorus etc.

A

Moves
16 Jan 07

Originally posted by zebano
Being a member of the USCF, I expect most coverage to be of US events and focus on the Kamskys, Nakamuras and Susan Polgars of the world not Topalov, Kramnik et al. That said, I would like most coverage to be US based, but they should give coverage to world championship cycles, Chorus etc.
And don't forget Irina Krush

z

Moves
16 Jan 07

You really are obsessed.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
16 Jan 07

Who?

A

Moves
16 Jan 07

The Ukrainian Vixen 😀. But seriously, she plays a mean game. Remember Kasparov Vs. The World?

c

Moves
16 Jan 07

Originally posted by Kevin Mcfarland
I would say yes chess is minor league in the us. Thanks Kevin
Thanks for posting a stupid and broad comment with no support.

Forum Vampire

Sidmouth, Uk

Moves
17 Jan 07

The moon is made of cheese.

cg

Seattle

Moves
17 Jan 07

Originally posted by Diet Coke
The moon is made of cheese.
I do believe this statement has more depth and meaning then Kevin's...