1. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    08 Aug '06 17:451 edit
    Yesterday I had some cowboy (ranked only about 30 points higher than I) accept my open invitation (OI). He then deleted my game and promptly put out his OI at similar terms as my OI. Having received the email about his acceptance and subsequent deletion of my OI I logged on, accepted his OI and then proceeded to delete the game. Why can't we all get along?

There were fewer than 10 OI and there was no need to accept mine, he could have easily placed his own alongside mine.
  2. Standard memberMathurine
    sorozatgyilkos
    leΓΆlΓ©s ellenfeleim
    Moves
    08 Aug '06 19:45
    Originally posted by z00t
    Yesterday I had some cowboy (ranked only about 30 points higher than I) accept my open invitation [b](OI). He then deleted my game and promptly put out his OI at similar terms as my OI. Having received the email about his acceptance and subsequent deletion of my OI I logged on, accepted his OI and then proceeded to delete the gam ...[text shortened]... I[/b] and there was no need to accept mine, he could have easily placed his own alongside mine.[/b]
    It happens to me all the time. Beat these cowboys at their own game, I say; revenge is sweet... πŸ™„
  3. Standard memberGrandmouster
    ChessObsessed
    Earth
    Moves
    08 Aug '06 20:28
    Yesterday I had some cowboy (ranked only about 30 points higher than I) accept my open invitation [b](OI). He then deleted my game and promptly put out his OI at similar terms as my OI. Having received the email about his acceptance and subsequent deletion of my OI I logged on, accepted his OI and then proceeded to delete the gam ...[text shortened]... I[/b] and there was no need to accept mine, he could have easily placed his own alongside mine.[/b]
    Theres an answer for that.
    Play clan, or tournament games only....πŸ˜‰
  4. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    08 Aug '06 20:45
    Originally posted by Grandmouster
    Theres an answer for that.
    Play clan, or tournament games only....πŸ˜‰
    But that would require Zoot toot to actually PAY a tiny fee!
  5. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    08 Aug '06 22:11
    Yesterday I had some cowboy (ranked only about 30 points higher than I) accept my open invitation
    I'm just wondering how you knew he was a cowboy. Did his spurs jingle when he walked? πŸ˜‰
  6. Standard memberGrandmouster
    ChessObsessed
    Earth
    Moves
    08 Aug '06 22:141 edit
    Originally posted by Mad Rook
    I'm just wondering how you knew he was a cowboy. Did his spurs jingle when he walked? πŸ˜‰
    Hey!...lets not get into a "brokeback mountain".. thing here......πŸ˜ πŸ™„
  7. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    09 Aug '06 12:02
    i recently had a guy do this to me but not till after he had played a move, so i sent him a message asking what he was playing at and he gave me grief about it ... like it was somehow my fault.
  8. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    09 Aug '06 14:31
    A cowboy is used to describe one who takes others on a ride - i.e. an unscrupulous person. There is no reason to accept and delete my challenge only for him to place a similar one.

Search google or Wikipedia for "cowboy". You may also want to look on the Oxford Dictionary online.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Aug '06 14:43

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    09 Aug '06 16:55
    Originally posted by 7ate9
    are you here to play chess or what...... you haven't even had a move.
    I'm following Bobby Fischer's philosophy - So far I'm undefeated!
  11. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    09 Aug '06 18:39
    Originally posted by MCA
    i recently had a guy do this to me but not till after he had played a move, so i sent him a message asking what he was playing at and he gave me grief about it ... like it was somehow my fault.
    I just did it to someone. It's fun. LOL! If they can't pay the fee that I can, then that means they're lazier than I am, and that's just plain sickening. $29.95 a year? Could jump one truck with a bus load of working Tongans and make that in one day and some extra to get wasted at the local bar.
  12. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    09 Aug '06 18:40
    Uh, maybe that's because you haven't played a single game?
  13. Domincan Republic
    Moves
    09 Aug '06 18:491 edit
    So you are just a forum watcher??

Have you heard about tv's?

The are great, they have chanels and sound!!!
  14. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    09 Aug '06 19:04
    Originally posted by powershaker
    I just did it to someone. It's fun. LOL! If they can't pay the fee that I can, then that means they're lazier than I am, and that's just plain sickening. $29.95 a year? Could jump one truck with a bus load of working Tongans and make that in one day and some extra to get wasted at the local bar.
    Why would you do that to someone?

I don't pay a fee.
  15. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    09 Aug '06 19:13
    Originally posted by powershaker
    Understanding the value of a dollar does not make me lazy? You make me sick doing that to a person...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree