David Tebb breaks into the 2400's! 5 there now.

David Tebb breaks into the 2400's! 5 there now.

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
06 Nov 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
That is because you are doing the same old things you did 7 years ago. Some of the old dogs can't learn new tricks. You should listen to me and you would do better on RHP. I am proof of it.
RJHinds v Sonhouse
RHP blitz
?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Nov 12

Game 9107585

This game: David Tebb vs. kbear1k seems to be an example of psychological defeat. The game is equal in material and kbear1k could have played on with 42...Nd3 and 43...Ne5 but he resigned because he was psychologically not up to the fight.

Moves
06 Nov 12

Game 9107585

This game: David Tebb vs. kbear1k seems to be an example of psychological defeat. The game is equal in material and kbear1k could have played on with 42...Nd3 and 43...Ne5 but he resigned because he was psychologically not up to the fight.
My dear friend - psychology has nothing to do with it - the game was lost for me and I saw no point wasting my time continuing with the struggle. If you think you are so good why don't you setup the position and continue the game vs. Mr. Tebb. When you truly understand the game you will realize why black was positionally lost in so many ways. Why don't you try and find where black went wrong...and why.
I was over 1500 within a year of playing OTB chess over thirty years ago. I have no idea how a 1500 OTB player can obtain a rating of your rank on this site - the Lord works in mysterious ways...indeed.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Nov 12
2 edits

Originally posted by kbear1k
My dear friend - psychology has nothing to do with it - the game was lost for me and I saw no point wasting my time continuing with the struggle. If you think you are so good why don't you setup the position and continue the game vs. Mr. Tebb. When you truly understand the game you will realize why black was positionally lost in so many ways. Why don't you t ...[text shortened]... er can obtain a rating of your rank on this site - the Lord works in mysterious ways...indeed.
I was also over 1500 USCF within a year of playing OTB chess. In fact I was 1817 USCF rating 30 years ago. So what?

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
06 Nov 12

I was also over 1500 USCF within a year of playing OTB chess. In fact I was 1817 USCF rating 30 years ago. So what?
...and the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round.

Moves
06 Nov 12

"I was also over 1500 USCF within a year of playing OTB chess. In fact I was 1817 USCF rating 30 years ago. So what?"

You are a fish - pure and simple. Wait, my daughter loves fish - so you must be something lower on the evolutionary scale. Go play Mr. Tebb in that position - you probably can't see how positionally black is crushed. In fact black has been in a bad way for a long time - I was just looking for my opponent to reach a little too far in some instances.

w

on your backrank!

Moves
06 Nov 12

i think this thread speaks volumes

n
Ronin

Hereford Boathouse

Moves
06 Nov 12

That is because you are doing the same old things you did 7 years ago. Some of the old dogs can't learn new tricks. You should listen to me and you would do better on RHP. I am proof of it.
this is funny.

Moves
06 Nov 12

Game 9107585

I entered the FEN into Monte Carlo and let it play for 5 minutes.

White-1345 Wins
Draws-147
Black-17 Wins

Statistically, white will win 89.13% of the possible variations, draw 9.74% and lose 1.13%. I would call that a lost position for black.

P.S. for those of who who are unfamiliar with Monte Carlo-you start with any position, and then let it analyze. Rybka, the engine it interfaces with, then plays games against itself starting from that position, and it stores the information in tree form. The stats given above show out of 1509 games played, white will win 1345 etc. Hope this helps clear the software up to those who are unfamiliar.

Moves
06 Nov 12

So Rybka vs Rybka doesn't produce the same game when it is repeated? Computers use random choices then or what?

Z

Moves
06 Nov 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Marinkatomb
...and the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round.
Couldn't PM you because the site thinks I'm spamming.
Anyway, here's my reply to your PM

Without copying-pasting a PM, you wondered why a legitimately strong player would bother using an engine.

Titled players banned for engine use:
Ronald Weyerstrass - banned from RHP & chess.com - ICCF IM
Alexander Horvath - banned from chess.com - ICCF IM
Stefan Docx - banned from RHP & chess.com - FM
Yelena Dembo - banned from chess.com - WGM/IM
Dimitar Kacakovski - banned from chess.com - FM
Hugo Tirard - banned from chess.com - IM
Loal Davis - banned from chess.com NM

and those are the ones I know off the top of my head. I'm sure there are plenty others...

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
06 Nov 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Zygalski
Couldn't PM you because the site thinks I'm spamming.
Anyway, here's my reply to your PM

Without copying-pasting a PM, you wondered why a legitimately strong player would bother using an engine.

Titled players banned for engine use:
Ronald Weyerstrass - banned from RHP & chess.com - ICCF IM
Alexander Horvath - banned from chess.com - ICCF IM
Stef ...[text shortened]...
and those are the ones I know off the top of my head. I'm sure there are plenty others...
I don't think this is a conversation for the forum. Though i will say that we never had proof that any of those players were the people they claimed to be. Guess that goes for anyone else on here too. That all said, i still remain unconvinced. I do wonder why you sent me all this. Axe to grind perhaps?

EDIT: Personally i feel more emphasis should be put on players matching engine moves in positions that are evaluated to 0.00 (or very close). Human players tend to think out the position where as engines will often start making seemingly random moves that are evaluated +0.005 (for example). In very quiet positions these strange moves can go on for a long time (especially against a strong player). Matching engines in these sorts of circumstances is extremely unlikely...

Z

Moves
06 Nov 12
2 edits

Not axe to grind at all.
I respect DT, but at the same time, I'm sure I'm not the only one whose eyebrows have been raised.
The chess.com titled players get free diamond membership, but they must provide photographic evidence that they are who the say they are. I think the site asks for the passport photo page + an image of their FIDE card.
You can pretty much guarantee they were the accts of those titled players.

Why do some titled players cheat in online chess?
Why do some millionaires shoplift?

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
06 Nov 12
3 edits

Originally posted by Zygalski
Not axe to grind at all.
I respect @, but at the same time, I'm sure I'm not the only one whose eyebrows have been raised.
The chess.com titled players get free diamond membership, but they must provide photographic evidence that they are who the say they are. I think the site asks for the passport photo page + an image of their FIDE card.
You can titled players.

Why do titled players cheat in online chess?
Why do millionaires shoplift?
Would you mind editing out the name.. like i said this isn't for the forum.

EDIT: Perhaps chess.com checks these things, but RHP doesn't. It's quite possible for people to be imitating strong players from another site, as well is titled players..

Z

Moves
06 Nov 12

Originally posted by Marinkatomb
Would you mind editing out the name.. 😉
The thread is about him.
The results of the analysis I did was inconclusive, as I told you.
Don't see a problem, to be honest. 🙂