1. Joined
    29 Oct '09
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 19:04
    "Decency to exercise a right" is nonsense. Your result, if it really happened, which I don't know, only proves you knew a bit about chess thirty years ago. It does not cancel out you stupid posts. And it's not about you having cheated in your life. It's about you cheating consistently on this site.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 19:061 edit
    Originally posted by WanderingKing
    "Decency to exercise a right" is nonsense. Your result, if it really happened, which I don't know, only proves you knew a bit about chess thirty years ago. It does not cancel out you stupid posts. And it's not about you having cheated in your life. It's about you cheating consistently on this site.
    You do not seem to recognize the humor like the other poster. What a pity.
  3. Joined
    29 Oct '09
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 19:07
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You do not seem to recognize the humor like the other poster. What a pity.
    Indeed.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 19:08
    Originally posted by WanderingKing
    Indeed.
    Now you are getting the knack of it.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 19:46
    For those that doubt that I was even in the 1982 World Open in Philadelphia, I will give a little more details.

I was rated 1572 USCF at the time I entered. Due to my results my rating jumped to 1717 USCF. At that time a 100 point bonus was given to winners.
    My final rating became 1817. I had to stop playing chess until my recent retirement.

I tied with two other people and so 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize money was divided among us equally. After I beat Betsy Content Smith I went on to play Benny Baldwin for first place. We both had 1 draw at the time. We agreed to a draw giving us both 2 draws with no loses. However, Betsy Content Smith won her last game giving her only one loss against me. Therefore, It became a 3-way tie.

Upon checking USCF rating list I discovered they are not actively playing USCF rated games anymore. The last published rating for Benny Baldwin was 1982 USCF and for Betsy Content Smith it was 2068 USCF.
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 19:52
    For those that doubt that I was even in the 1982 World Open in Philadelphia, I will give a little more details.

I was rated 1572 USCF at the time I entered. Due to my results my rating jumped to 1717 USCF. At that time a 100 point bonus was given to winners.
    My final rating became 1817. I had to stop playing chess until my recent retirement.

I tied ...[text shortened]... t published rating for Benny Baldwin was 1982 USCF and for Betsy Content Smith it was 2068 USCF.
    😴
  7. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 20:26
    I am glad to see that someone can recognize a little humor too.
    The problem you don't see is that you are the joke, not what you say.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 20:391 edit
    Originally posted by Kegge
    The problem you don't see is that you are the joke, not what you say.
    As long as you can get a laugh, it is okay with me. I wish I could be as good as Red Skelton.

http://www.redskelton.com/

Here is one example that I am sure will give you a laugh.

YouTube
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 20:42
    As long as you can get a laugh, it is okay with me. I wish I could be as good as Red Skelton.

http://www.redskelton.com/
    If you were out in the sun enough, you would have a red skelton...
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 22:30
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    If you were out in the sun enough, you would have a red skelton...
    I am nuch too fat.
  11. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    08 Nov '12 01:09
    Originally posted by morgski
    Don't feed the troll
    Yeah, I know better. I fear for new players who read these forums, but feeding the beast does more harm than good.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree