1. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Apr '06 18:58
    Why people ruin structure developement within the opening of the game for such cheaps attempts at tricks that they will most likely not accomplish, is beyond me. That's not chess; cheap power-packed developement, opening up the board to play off of trading pieces or working off of childish tricks is not strategy, and therefore, not chess; these "players" do not play gracefully, skillfully, or with developed strengths, but with the hope of a quick, fatal opening game. - ...it shows true lack of what the game can truly offer.

~mlu9
  2. Big D
    Moves
    26 Apr '06 19:06
    Sounds like you're bitter because you lost to one of these so-called "designer" moves or cheap tricks. Remember, it's up to you to win a "won" game.
  3. Joined
    17 May '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '06 19:06
    But you seem to enjoy smashing those poor souls.
  4. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '06 19:15

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    26 Apr '06 19:15
    Originally posted by mlu9
    Why people ruin structure developement within the opening of the game for such cheaps attempts at tricks that they will most likely not accomplish, is beyond me. That's not chess; cheap power-packed developement, opening up the board to play off of trading pieces or working off of childish tricks is not strategy, and therefore, not chess; these "players" do not ...[text shortened]... uick, fatal opening game. - ...it shows true lack of what the game can truly offer.

~mlu9
    You play your style and let them play their style. If you fall for cheap tricks, it's your problem.
  6. Belfast
    Moves
    26 Apr '06 21:41
    Why people ruin structure developement within the opening of the game for such cheaps attempts at tricks that they will most likely not accomplish, is beyond me. That's not chess; cheap power-packed developement, opening up the board to play off of trading pieces or working off of childish tricks is not strategy, and therefore, not chess; these "players" do not ...[text shortened]... uick, fatal opening game. - ...it shows true lack of what the game can truly offer.

~mlu9
    It is the right strategy if it wins a reasonable amount of games.
  7. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '06 21:54
    MLU9,
    Which game are you referring to? Chess in itself may be stressful when a person wants to win.

KingOnPoint
  8. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '06 22:26

~mlu9
    Im losing the will to live.
  9. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    27 Apr '06 00:39

~mlu9
    Have you recently moved to the US from Canada?
  10. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeĀ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    27 Apr '06 01:02

~mlu9
    Well,if you continue to play people rated around 1000 you'll see a lot of those "cheap attempts".

Try to play people around your level and you'll have nothing to whine about.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Apr '06 02:16
    It is nice to see responses... nomatter the negativity, I suppose. Though you will see "cheap tricks" wherever you may look when concerning players of the game. While I agree a person should play someone of their own strength in the game, as of right now, I'm not completely certain where my own level is, so I continue to search for it. I play a large variety of players, ranging from beginners to somewhat above "average" but yet I find that when in a bind, tricks are somewhat referred to very often.

All I would say to the reply of "do what wins" is that the game, as most games is not merely for winning. Let whoever do what they may, but know very little experience would be gained if the win were to be accidental or just slight cheap calculation.

I guess it really comes down to that people will play as they wish and will most likely never see, (if they lack seeing) that to truly play chess would be for the art or the grace... not to 'win,' though that is a plus. You can often find a player defeating another who may be more skilled than he/she is.

It just really is funny to see them waste their attempts at these plays is all I was noticing.

~mlu9
    (And no, I'm not from Canada)
  12. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    27 Apr '06 02:24
    It is nice to see responses... nomatter the negativity, I suppose. Though you will see "cheap tricks" wherever you may look when concerning players of the game. While I agree a person should play someone of their own strength in the game, as of right now, I'm not completely certain where my own level is, so I continue to search for it. I play a large variety of ...[text shortened]... attempts at these plays is all I was noticing.

~mlu9
    (And no, I'm not from Canada)
    Iv got a cross and some nails if you want them.
  13. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    27 Apr '06 09:03
    Though you will see "cheap tricks" wherever you may look when concerning players of the game.
    players in the 1600's and under are mainly separated by the notion that a 'trick' from lower rated players will usually leave them worse if not fallen into, while a 'trick' from 1600+ will gain him something even when the opponent doesn't fall into it.

it's about pressure, threats and tension.
  14. Sabah, Malaysia
    Moves
    27 Apr '06 09:33
    Originally posted by wormwood
    players in the 1600's and under are mainly separated by the notion that a 'trick' from lower rated players will usually leave them worse if not fallen into, while a 'trick' from 1600+ will gain him something even when the opponent doesn't fall into it.

it's about pressure, threats and tension.
    those 1600+ have so much pressure, threats and tension like you said...until it s like a trick, followed by another and another...
  15. Standard memberDerfel Cadarn
    The Mighty
    Rocky Mountains
    Moves
    27 Apr '06 11:57
    The highest rated player you have played is 1200.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree