2. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    14 Aug '06 17:35
    Originally posted by I Falco I
    Game 2314358
    I need to be blunt.

Not really. This game was decided more by blunders more than good by play.

If you want to play an Indian Defense I suggest you try and learn the principles and try and get the opening moves right but you may be better off replying d5 for now and working on the basic development of your pieces. And work on your basic tactics and strategy - if you can't see your opponents plan and combinations only 1 or 2 moves deep no about of improvement in opening technique will save you.

So my suggestion for now.

1. Go for simplier openings designed to control centre and open lines (for Bs and Rs).
    2. Work on basic tactics and try and ensure you don't miss combinations only 1 or 2 moves deep.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Aug '06 17:52
    To win isn't always to play good. It could also mean that you opponent played bad.

When I ask myself whether or not I played a game good I always have to include in the question - Could I play better?
    What is your own answer to this question? Can you pin down the bad moves of yours? Do you find any particular bad moves, i.e. blunders, of your behalf in this game?

The quality of a game is also relative the skill of the player. If you are the brother of Kasparov and you've been sparring him for ages - then it is a very bad game. But if you learnt the rules yesterday, then it was a remarkedly good game.

Let's see when your provitional rating will be the 'true' one, then we'll see your standard and can give a judgement of this game. Perhaps you could do better, or perhaps you did a good job.

I welcome you to Red Hot Pawn and hope that you will feel comfortable with us. You will surely be better after a while and feel very good when you see your rating rising. Good luck!
  4. Joined
    24 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Aug '06 14:121 edit
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    I need to be blunt.

Not really. This game was decided more by blunders more than good by play.

If you want to play an Indian Defense I suggest you try and learn the principles and try and get the opening moves right but you may be better off replying d5 for now and working on the basic development of your pieces. And work on your basic tactics and . Work on basic tactics and try and ensure you don't miss combinations only 1 or 2 moves deep.
    I was white in that game. My opponent chose to play a Benoni-Like opening so I just tried to remember the lines.

And I have been playing serious chess for maybe almost a year. I haven't studied that much but that is going to change. I have been playing at playchess.com, my bullet rating is 1902 and blitz is 1672.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree