1. 1. e4!!
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 21:02
    Originally posted by st00p1dfac3
    The first challenge came when they were p1200, which I usually won't play because I have no idea how they'll play, but I don't generally get challenges and the Irish flag was there and stuff, so I figured I'd give it a go.

The second one I guess I just think that if they want to try again they can, and if they win, more power to them.

But, I know w ...[text shortened]... the time regardless of rating. I sometimes just don't see the obvious until its too late.
    I used to be wary about p people too. When I subscribed I figure it really doesn't matter anymore. If they turn out to be 2600 then I'm schooled and if they are 600 I school them.
  2. Joined
    26 Jul '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 21:25
    Originally posted by deeploser
    I used to be wary about p people too. When I subscribed I figure it really doesn't matter anymore. If they turn out to be 2600 then I'm schooled and if they are 600 I school them.
    I plan on subscribing at some point, but I don't even have a computer at home or anything... I only play at work, and as it is this site takes more than its share of my working day. 😞
  3. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 21:40
    ...feel bad about winning?

Sometimes I do - Game 3253873
    You might also consider analyzing your game as well. You blundered quite a bit also. Looks like it was someone playing one of their first games.
  4. Joined
    26 Jul '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 21:51
    Originally posted by hamltnblue
    You might also consider analyzing your game as well. You blundered quite a bit also. Looks like it was someone playing one of their first games.
    I always blunder. Aside from that you obviously didn't read the whole thread. I knew I was giving things away, I knew I wasn't playing moves that would be considered "good." I wasn't posting it as a "point and laugh at this person" thing (although at least one person took it that way,) but because I honestly felt bad - my first thought was that it might be some kid who has never played and was interested in learning and I felt bad.

Geezus Chrysler, some people take things too seriously.

Oh yeah - You have made zero moves, therefore you have never blundered. You must be the best chess player in the universe. Take your critique and shovel it.
  5. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 00:30
    I always blunder. Aside from that you obviously didn't read the whole thread. I knew I was giving things away, I knew I wasn't playing moves that would be considered "good." I wasn't posting it as a "point and laugh at this person" thing (although at least one person took it that way,) but because I honestly felt bad - my first thought was that it mig ...[text shortened]... d. You must be the best chess player in the universe. Take your critique and shovel it.
    Don't feel bad for the opponent, just don't dance over the corpse of someone a few hundred points lower.
    And you're right I haven't made any moves here to date, just use the threads for info and pointers.
  6. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 01:03
    ...feel bad about winning?
    A few times. Whenever I think about it, I still feel kind of sleazy about the following incident. In OTB tmt. the TD came over to my opponent and told him his wife was being taken to the hospital to deliver her baby. He never said anything and we kept playing. I even slowed down and started taking as much time as possible to move. Finally the TD came over again and told him there was another call and he needed to get to the hospital, so in a position where he was much better he offered me a draw which I refused. That made him resign.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree