Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 02 Mar '07 19:05
    ...feel bad about winning?

    Sometimes I do - Game 3253873
  2. Standard member Diet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    02 Mar '07 19:13
    Originally posted by st00p1dfac3
    ...feel bad about winning?

    Sometimes I do - Game 3253873
    Why?
  3. 02 Mar '07 19:16
    Originally posted by st00p1dfac3
    ...feel bad about winning?

    Sometimes I do - Game 3253873
    a resounding NO and either should you! you gave your opponent a valuable lesson. you should be glad to have helped them.
  4. Standard member Diet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    02 Mar '07 19:19
    I might feel bad when I beat the Borg Master.
  5. 02 Mar '07 19:19
    Originally posted by tiggr
    a resounding NO and either should you! you gave your opponent a valuable lesson. you should be glad to have helped them.
    remember that we learn more from our mistakes than from our victories. losing is never fun but learning is.
  6. 02 Mar '07 19:20
    Originally posted by Diet Coke
    Why?
    Well, I never thought I'd be able to ever say this, but I destroyed this guy/girl without even trying, in fact I was fooling around...

    I felt a bit like I had taken advantage, but he/she challenged me, and has again...
  7. 02 Mar '07 19:21
    Originally posted by tiggr
    remember that we learn more from our mistakes than from our victories. losing is never fun but learning is.
    Well, you're right there - I've managed to "learn" alot of my games.
  8. 02 Mar '07 19:22
    No.
  9. 02 Mar '07 19:22
    Originally posted by st00p1dfac3
    Well, I never thought I'd be able to [b]ever say this, but I destroyed this guy/girl without even trying, in fact I was fooling around...

    I felt a bit like I had taken advantage, but he/she challenged me, and has again...[/b]
    don't be afraid to point out their mistakes (after they make them) i'm sure that they would appreciate your tutoring.


    )
  10. Standard member Diet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    02 Mar '07 19:25
    Originally posted by st00p1dfac3
    Well, I never thought I'd be able to [b]ever say this, but I destroyed this guy/girl without even trying, in fact I was fooling around...

    I felt a bit like I had taken advantage, but he/she challenged me, and has again...[/b]
    Game 2809629

    This is fooling around with someone.
  11. 02 Mar '07 19:28
    Originally posted by st00p1dfac3
    Well, I never thought I'd be able to [b]ever say this, but I destroyed this guy/girl without even trying, in fact I was fooling around...

    I felt a bit like I had taken advantage, but he/she challenged me, and has again...[/b]
    You have to be careful in situations where your rating is higher than your opponents. It's really easy to be fooling around and then lose big time. I lost to my 7 year old son the other day. It wasn't a dominating game for him or anything just him struggling to keep pieces. One slip by me and he saw a back rank mate I overlooked.
  12. 02 Mar '07 19:29
    Originally posted by tiggr
    don't be afraid to point out their mistakes (after they make them) i'm sure that they would appreciate your tutoring.


    )


    My tutoring?!? hahahaha...
  13. Standard member StewartChess
    somethin clever here
    02 Mar '07 19:40
    Originally posted by Diet Coke
    Game 2809629

    [b]This
    is fooling around with someone.[/b]
    lmao!
  14. 02 Mar '07 19:46 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by deeploser
    You have to be careful in situations where your rating is higher than your opponents. It's really easy to be fooling around and then lose big time. I lost to my 7 year old son the other day. It wasn't a dominating game for him or anything just him struggling to keep pieces. One slip by me and he saw a back rank mate I overlooked.
    The first challenge came when they were p1200, which I usually won't play because I have no idea how they'll play, but I don't generally get challenges and the Irish flag was there and stuff, so I figured I'd give it a go.

    The second one I guess I just think that if they want to try again they can, and if they win, more power to them.

    But, I know what you mean. I do it all the time regardless of rating. I sometimes just don't see the obvious until its too late.
  15. 02 Mar '07 19:59
    Originally posted by st00p1dfac3
    ...feel bad about winning?

    Sometimes I do - Game 3253873
    that guy has to be mentally retarded. seriously