1. Joined
    13 Dec '07
    Moves
    22 Jan '08 03:37
    jouvana houska caro kann book its by pulisher everymans chess. and she is a good authur so i ve herd.and recently bought the book.its came out 2007.i liked it for the black this defense.
  2. warum?
    Moves
    22 Jan '08 04:05
    Originally posted by bonesplitter
    jouvana houska caro kann book its by pulisher everymans chess. and she is a good authur so i ve herd.and recently bought the book.its came out 2007.i liked it for the black this defense.
    That book only covers the classical variation ( 4. ...Bf5), right?

I've read a rave review of Peter Wells book on the Caro-- not sure how good they are since I haven't seen them yet. Houska's book is said to have 10 pages on the Caro exchange, which sounds great!

I would think playing the Caro is alot like playing the French in the sense of what variations to be on the look out for--- the Advance and the Exchange... no need to sweat the others unless they start showing up alot.

Everyman books are great-- especially getting them used on Amazon and saving money as opposed to buying them new!
  3. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    22 Jan '08 04:31
    jovankas book covers everything, main line, panov, advance, exchange, 2 knights, 2.c4, fantasy, even KIA
  4. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    22 Jan '08 04:592 edits
    Originally posted by Crushing Day
    That book only covers the classical variation ( 4. ...Bf5), right?

I've read a rave review of Peter Wells book on the Caro-- not sure how good they are since I haven't seen them yet. Houska's book is said to have 10 pages on the Caro exchange, which sounds great!

I would think playing the Caro is alot like playing the French in the sense of what ...[text shortened]... reat-- especially getting them used on Amazon and saving money as opposed to buying them new!
    Houska gives 4...Bf5 as her Main Line response (as opposed to 4...Nd7 or the immediate 4...Nf6), but she tries to offer some dynamic alternatives to the more usual goal of ...0-0-0, and we see often see some queenside counterplay with ...b7-b5 and delayed/kingside castling by Black.
  5. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    22 Jan '08 18:29
    The Panov Attack by Anatoly Karpov and Mikhail Podgaets has improved my play as black against this hated opening no end.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree