1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    03 Jun '15 01:25
    I posted this several years ago, and maybe it's time for a repeat. For all those of you that are searching for ways to win more games, and get better results, I'd highly suggest reading Winning at Correspondence Chess by Dr. Tim Harding of Ireland It's a bit dated, but the amount of helpful ideas in this little book is priceless. 🙂
  2. e4
    Moves
    03 Jun '15 02:52
    I've already got it...and it's autographed. 😏
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jun '15 08:44
    From the thread title I thought it would be something like this:
    - [i][Hi dear users, sorry for interruption, but this really works: insiders' information and tips from clubs, guarantee success with bookmakers; call this number:///l/i]
  4. Standard memberSchlecter
    The King of Board
    Solar System
    Moves
    03 Jun '15 13:26
    Originally posted by bill718
    I posted this several years ago, and maybe it's time for a repeat. For all those of you that are searching for ways to win more games, and get better results, I'd highly suggest reading Winning at Correspondence Chess by Dr. Tim Harding of Ireland It's a bit dated, but the amount of helpful ideas in this little book is priceless. 🙂
    it is possible to have a summary of the principal ideas of his book?
  5. e4
    Moves
    03 Jun '15 18:31
    Hi vandervelde,

This afternoon spent 2½ hours playing over two games from Alekhine 1924-37.

Been many many years since I gave this book a good going over.
    I've been reading it on and off for a few days looking for a quote and the hook sank in
    when I realised practically every book I have bought since was not needed.
    A careful and deep study of both Alekhine books gives a player everything they need
    bar perhaps the latest theory. (and you will really only need that when your are 2200+)

Later books just repeat in a more glossy fashion.

I often thought the first book was more me. It's very heavy on tactical shots but
    the 2nd one which I must have skimmed through just playing out the 1.e4 games
    (a very common trait of mine...I don't look at 1.d4 d5 games on priniciple.) has opened
    a few doors or made me see something in a different way.

Perhaps these door were always open but I never went in. Or maybe having read
    or studied some later books has helped me to come to grips with what was been said.

The Quote:
    Some lad was saying Alekhine never gave Lasker & Capablanca any credit. I did recall
    him saying in this book when discussing a position that it is won but would require
    the endgame art Lasker & Capablanca to win it.

I found it, eventually, it's in game 62 v Bogoljubov, the Alekhine swindle. 4th game 1934 match.

My gripe with both books is the lack of diagrams. on average one per game.
    I love following Alekhine's fantasy trips or shooting off on one of my own.

Diagrams aid you getting back to where you were before the flight took place.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree