1. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    27 Nov '05 21:01
    I have an active game (no comments please). Which repeated 3 times. My opponent called me a chikens*** for doing so but denied 2 draw offers. After 3 repititions, he moved out of it, dropping a piece. Can he go back and claim the game was drawn later on? and why does RHP not recognize 3 repitition draws?
  2. London
    Moves
    27 Nov '05 21:021 edit
    Originally posted by zebano
    I have an active game (no comments please). Which repeated 3 times. My opponent called me a chikens*** for doing so but denied 2 draw offers. After 3 repititions, he moved out of it, dropping a piece. Can he go back and claim the game was drawn later on? and why does RHP not recognize 3 repitition draws?
    That is why you have the "claim win" button. But you can only claim the win when the board is in the repeated position.
  3. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    27 Nov '05 21:03
    You must hit the claim draw button when the position has occured three times.
  4. Belfast
    Moves
    27 Nov '05 21:041 edit
    Originally posted by Freddie2004
    That is why you have the "claim win" button. But you can only claim the win when the board is in the repeated position.
    Wow, you can claim a win for that?!

😀
  5. Standard memberWildfire
    Force of Nature
    The Bathroom
    Moves
    27 Nov '05 21:142 edits
    Claiming a draw by 3 move repetition works just fine, as you can see in this game.

Game 1342294

Here's a game in which my opponent claimed the draw based on the 3 move repetition rule.

Game 1443120

And to answer your question about him going back and claiming a draw later on, I give you this example of a very embarrasing loss. As a last desperate attempt, I tried to claim a draw by repetition as my King was being herded over to the side. And yes, I know I could have drawn at the end, and I must have been asleep or something.

Game 1278385
  6. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    27 Nov '05 21:30
    Originally posted by ark13
    You must hit the claim draw button when the position has occured three times.
    Ahha! Thanks for the info.
  7. Hainesport, NJ, USA
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 02:09
    Just like over the board. You make the move, then claim the draw, if the same position has been reapeated three times with the same person on the move.
  8. Standard membergaurav2711
    walking...
    ...back
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 06:33
    Originally posted by Wildfire
    And yes, I know I could have drawn at the end, and I must have been asleep or something.

Game 1278385
    155. Qb4 ....both u and ur opponent must have been asleep. LOL!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree