1. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    17 Apr '08 06:421 edit
    This night I have been played bullet (1 min games) in playchess until 2.00 AM. At the beginning I elevated my rating from about 2300 to 2370, but then started to fall down slowly and even feeling tired I could not stop. Now my bullet rating is 2090 and I feel tired without good sleep 🙁

Its really like a gambling addiction.
  2. Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    17 Apr '08 06:44
    haha, you are very correct...you learn much much more if you play a single long game in that time...or you read something...
    I did the same many times and in the end you are very tired, you learn very little, you get bad habits and you also loose points 🙂
  3. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    17 Apr '08 06:52
    Originally posted by vipiu
    haha, you are very correct...you learn much much more if you play a single long game in that time...or you read something...
    I did the same many times and in the end you are very tired, you learn very little, you get bad habits and you also loose points 🙂
    Long games in internet are very tiresome. Also not too many strong players are willing to play game with slower time control than 5 min. The most popular time control in Playchess seems 5 min.

But it would be definitely better if I would read book which I bought yesterday 🙁
  4. Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    17 Apr '08 07:15
    Originally posted by Korch
    Long games in internet are very tiresome. Also not too many strong players are willing to play game with slower time control than 5 min. The most popular time control in Playchess seems 5 min.

But it would be definitely better if I would read book which I bought yesterday 🙁
    better to play 5 minutes than 1 minute games...at least you can somehow train your openings 🙂...in 1 minute usually you just practice your mouse...
    There are no players that became strong by playing 1 minute games..it is reversed...they first get strong and after that they get high bullet ratings
  5. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    17 Apr '08 07:24
    Originally posted by vipiu
    better to play 5 minutes than 1 minute games...at least you can somehow train your openings 🙂...in 1 minute usually you just practice your mouse...
    There are no players that became strong by playing 1 minute games..it is reversed...they first get strong and after that they get high bullet ratings
    I play bullet not for improvement, but for fun 🙂
  6. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '08 09:38
    Don't play bullet at all. 😛
  7. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    18 Apr '08 10:031 edit
    Originally posted by exigentsky
    Don't play bullet at all. 😛
    Sometimes its fun to play 1 minute games. And 2 min games (which is considered bullet in Playchess) are very playable. Unfortunately RHP blitz room have too slow interface for bullet and lacks pre-move option 🙁
  8. Joined
    25 Jun '05
    Moves
    19 Apr '08 19:06

Just out of curiosity, which book did you bought? 🙂
  9. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    20 Apr '08 07:21
    Originally posted by vuelve
    Just out of curiosity, which book did you bought? 🙂
    Edvard Radzinsky "Napoleon".
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '07
    Moves
    20 Apr '08 15:52
    Sometimes its fun to play 1 minute games. And 2 min games (which is considered bullet in Playchess) are very playable. Unfortunately RHP blitz room have too slow interface for bullet and lacks pre-move option 🙁
    Hm...2 0 games seem to be playable here. Ilywrin got me hooked on these the other day.
  11. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    20 Apr '08 16:021 edit
    Originally posted by Erekose
    Hm...2 0 games seem to be playable here. Ilywrin got me hooked on these the other day.
    I dont say that 2 min bullet is not playable here, but in Playchess you can move faster which is very important in bullet.
  12. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    27 Jun '08 07:062 edits
    Played bullet all night until 6:30 AM and made downfall record during one evening - from 2510 to 2104 😛

Its like gambling addiction .
  13. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    27 Jun '08 10:51
    I was watching you last night lol gosh you stayed all night you are addicted 🙂
  14. London
    Moves
    27 Jun '08 11:25
    Played bullet all night until 6:30 AM and made downfall record during one evening - from 2510 to 2104 😛

Its like gambling addiction .
    Maybe after a long night of blitz at about 6.30am ish when you are fighting to stay awake you could log onto RHP and make a very quick move in our game...just an idea!
  15. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    27 Jun '08 11:28
    Originally posted by Mahout
    Maybe after a long night of blitz at about 6.30am ish when you are fighting to stay awake you could log onto RHP and make a very quick move in our game...just an idea!
    No thanks 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree