Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. Donation ketchuplover
    G.O.A.T.
    22 Nov '16 00:33
    Carlsen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. 22 Nov '16 00:37 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by ketchuplover
    Carlsen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I don't want you chess nerds to ever bad mouth the Colle again! Look what happens when you play it you get the greatest chess game ever in the history of world championships! What a game! mind blown a thousand times.
  3. Donation ketchuplover
    G.O.A.T.
    22 Nov '16 02:31
    Carlsen didn't applaud Sergey
  4. 22 Nov '16 10:07
    Originally posted by ketchuplover
    Carlsen didn't applaud Sergey
    yes he's total brat!
  5. Standard member Steve45
    Garry Kasparov
    22 Nov '16 11:04
    Carlsen could be in trouble with FIDE for not attending the press conference. Sounds like he went into a sulk because he lost fair and square.
  6. 22 Nov '16 22:01
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I don't want you chess nerds to ever bad mouth the Colle again! Look what happens when you play it you get the greatest chess game ever in the history of world championships! What a game! mind blown a thousand times.
    Didn't he lose by playing the colle?
  7. 23 Nov '16 00:27 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Steve45
    Carlsen could be in trouble with FIDE for not attending the press conference. Sounds like he went into a sulk because he lost fair and square.
    Hi Steve,

    Carlsen attended the press conference but a journalist caught Karjakin
    outside the room, Carlsen spent ages waiting on the press conference to start.

    He sat their having just a lost a game by playing on in a drawn position
    with the whole room staring at him ready with their silly inane questions.

    "What does it feel like to lose a game of chess?"

    I've likened to a corpse laying on the autopsy table waiting to be
    dissected bit by bit and the pieces fed to a flock of vultures.

    He got up and walked out.

    Unless he appeals he loses 10% of his prize. If it had been me I would have lost
    the 10% and the $500 it would have cost to replace the chess set and digital clock!

    Why did he play on?

    He did not want to be the one grovelling a draw in game 8 after 7 draws
    and all the bad press that had attracted. (just my theory.)
  8. 23 Nov '16 00:31
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Hi Steve,

    Carlsen attended the press conference but a journalist caught Karjakin
    outside the room, Carlsen spent ages waiting on the press conference to start.

    He sat their having just a lost a game by playing on in a drawn position
    with the whole room staring at him ready with their silly inane questions.

    "What does it feel like to lose a ga ...[text shortened]... ling a draw in game 8 after 7 draws
    and all the bad press that had attracted. (just my theory.)
    Obviously he read my post...

    Played the colle and didn't attempt to draw.
  9. 24 Nov '16 08:21 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Didn't he lose by playing the colle?
    No he lost by playing badly and as Karjakin pointed out, its better to play well than to play with white.
  10. 24 Nov '16 13:16
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    No he lost by playing badly and as Karjakin pointed out, its better to play well than to play with white.
    I would love to be there as you lecture Carlsen on how to play good chess.
  11. 24 Nov '16 18:18
    Originally posted by Eladar
    I would love to be there as you lecture Carlsen on how to play good chess.
    why would I lecture him? are you in your senses? he blundered, its happens, get a grip you Mango Carlsen fanboy and let reality set it.
  12. Donation ketchuplover
    G.O.A.T.
    25 Nov '16 02:02
    Karjakin!!!!!!!!!!!!!