Moves
    20 Jul '10 01:04
    bump
  2. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    20 Jul '10 01:10
    Originally posted by teacher1
    Rules are rules, made and SET by the powers that be. If the RULES say one can take a vacation during a game; then when YOU whine about it, you are demonstrating it is YOU who are anti-rules. That does NOT sit well with me.

If the rules say that I can PLAY on when it is King and Rook vs. King and Rook, then I dang well WILL. Why are you all SO AGAINST the ...[text shortened]... interests.

You are RUINING the great game of chess.... And I have a PROBLEM with THAT!!!
    *yawn* *blink*
  3. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jul '10 01:58
    Oh boy. Barely 3 weeks on the site and he wants to stand in the tall grass and pee with the big dogs already. Check out his blog - it's ...... interesting.

I give him about a month - tops - but lets not feed him in the meantime, present post excepted but that is my last on this.

skeets
  4. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    20 Jul '10 02:28
    Originally posted by skeeter
    Oh boy. Barely 3 weeks on the site and he wants to stand in the tall grass and pee with the big dogs already. Check out his blog - it's ...... interesting.

I give him about a month - tops - but lets not feed him in the meantime, present post excepted but that is my last on this.

skeets
    3 weeks on the site? Um, yeah, sure. Like a bad penny.

But yeah, I try not to feed him.
  5. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    20 Jul '10 04:56
    The guy is more full of crap than a Christmas goose.
  6. Joined
    13 Jul '10
    Moves
    20 Jul '10 19:32
    Your opponent is obviously thinking you will resign to get another game on the go being a non subscriber cos his rating is going take a hit, but then again is perfectly entitled to continue the game no questions asked
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    20 Jul '10 19:511 edit
    Rules are rules, made and SET by the powers that be. If the RULES say one can take a vacation during a game; then when YOU whine about it, you are demonstrating it is YOU who are anti-rules. That does NOT sit well with me.

If the rules say that I can PLAY on when it is King and Rook vs. King and Rook, then I dang well WILL. Why are you all SO AGAINST the interests.

teacher1
    Moves : 0

Why do you care? You are not here to play chess!?
  8. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    20 Jul '10 20:28
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    teacher1
    Moves : 0

Why do you care? You are not here to play chess!?
    I enjoyed the part about how he has issues with those who are "anti-rules", when his profile has his myspace link where he talks about how his own "anti-rules" persona has manifested itself in so many ways. At so many levels, he needs a metaphorical mirror.
  9. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    20 Jul '10 20:30

You are RUINING the great game of chess.... And I have a PROBLEM with THAT!!![/b]
    I am still waiting for my copy of The World's Best Rook-and-King vs Rook-and-King Endings to come in the mail.
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    20 Jul '10 21:16
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    I enjoyed the part about how he has issues with those who are "anti-rules", when his profile has his myspace link where he talks about how his own "anti-rules" persona has manifested itself in so many ways. At so many levels, he needs a metaphorical mirror.
    Perhaps, but teacher1, not you, are having opinions about how to cunduct a game, and yet still haven't made one single move since he joined RHP the July 3rd, why does he care?
  11. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    20 Jul '10 21:31
    Perhaps, but teacher1, not you, are having opinions about how to cunduct a game, and yet still haven't made one single move since he joined RHP the July 3rd, why does he care?
    Come on, you haven't figured out that guy yet?
  12. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    20 Jul '10 22:50
    I don't think you read me that carefully, because I was agreeing with you! My "enjoyment" was the joy of contempt. I shouldn't be that way, but some people just bring out the worst in us!
  13. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    20 Jul '10 23:241 edit

From your myspace:

Remember, people, my FIRST and FOREMOST goal is to reduce chess to the status of checkers. I WANT TO be the man responsible for ruining the game of chess.
  14. e4
    Moves
    20 Jul '10 23:51
    Hi Boiledcod.

You have lost 107 games by timeouts. He has lost none.

I think that gives you an idea of his game plan.

If he wants to play it's his choice I'm afraid
  15. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    21 Jul '10 00:12
    Originally posted by clandarkfire
    From your myspace:

Remember, people, my FIRST and FOREMOST goal is to reduce chess to the status of checkers. I WANT TO be the man responsible for ruining the game of chess.
    He makes perfect sense (for once). He doesn't want anyone ruining the great game of chess before he has a chance to do it. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree