Draws

Draws

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M

Moves
28 Dec 06

Is it declared a draw if your down to just your king and you make 30 moves without getting a checkmate put on you?

a

Moves
28 Dec 06

Originally posted by MikeEnglish
Is it declared a draw if your down to just your king and you make 30 moves without getting a checkmate put on you?
Try searching for the 50 move rule.
It is something like 50 moves without pawn moves or captures. Then it is a draw. If it happens in your game, you can claim the draw I believe.

Adje

W
Angler

River City

Moves
28 Dec 06
1 edit

Originally posted by MikeEnglish
nope

But as noted, see (e) below:

a. The game is drawn when the player to move has no legal move and his king is not in check. The game is said to end in `stalemate`. This immediately ends the game, provided that the move producing the stalemate position was legal.
b. The game is drawn when a position has arisen in which neither player can checkmate the opponent`s king with any series of legal moves. The game is said to end in a `dead position`. This immediately ends the game, provided that the move producing the position was legal.
c. The game is drawn upon agreement between the two players during the game. This immediately ends the game. (See Article 9.1)
d. The game may be drawn if any identical position is about to appear or has appeared on the chessboard at least three times. (See Article 9.2)
e. The game may be drawn if each player has made at least the last 50 consecutive moves without the movement of any pawn and without any capture. (See Article 9.3)

http://www.fide.com/official/handbook.asp?level=EE101

M
sorozatgyilkos

leölés ellenfeleim

Moves
28 Dec 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Wulebgr
nope
Very helpful.

See this, MikeE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rules_of_chess

M

Moves
28 Dec 06

Thanks guys of course after i asked the question i went and checked the site's FAQ section and saw the answer there...but thanks for the input regardless