1. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '07 01:39
    Originally posted by rubberjaw30
    you would think so, since draws will win this tournament for me...
    I can not believe you couldn't turn this Game 3 into a win!
    b4 was COMPLETELY unsound...
    I basically started out minus a b pawn...
    and I STILL DRAW!?!
    that's incredible...
    You haven't drawn yet!
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Nov '07 01:42
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    You haven't drawn yet!
    emphasis on the "yet"...
    you have advantage, so I have to be careful.
    but it's still a draw, I'm just taking my time... making correct moves, and sealing the deal. optimism always hurts in the end, so you should get over it.
  3. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '07 01:45
    emphasis on the "yet"...
    you have advantage, so I have to be careful.
    but it's still a draw, I'm just taking my time... making correct moves, and sealing the deal. optimism always hurts in the end, so you should get over it.
    you are just as prone to mistakes as I am and I am going to take the rest of this game extremely slow as well as the next two games.
  4. Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    12 Nov '07 01:48
    If draws were my friend I would have to have somebody slap me.
    I agree. Some of you here seem to have the opinion that draws can go either way, and for you, that may have been the case. But in every draw I've been offered, I've garnered checkmate. My experience...so I don't disagree with any of you who embrace draws. But I never will.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Nov '07 02:07
    you are just as prone to mistakes as I am and I am going to take the rest of this game extremely slow as well as the next two games.
    you do that
    🙂
    won't do you much good, though.
    I'm just better.
  6. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '07 02:08
    you do that
    🙂
    won't do you much good, though.
    I'm just better.
    we'll see about that.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Nov '07 02:10
    we'll see about that.
    indeed, we will
    please, if/when I win this tournament, don't give me any: "you weren't really better than me" speeches, or anything to that degree... it's just not sporting.
  8. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '07 02:12
    indeed, we will
    please, if/when I win this tournament, don't give me any: "you weren't really better than me" speeches, or anything to that degree... it's just not sporting.
    I would never do that. If and when you win I will challenge you to rematch if I thought you weren't better otherwise I would just keep my big yap shut and try to improve and then challenge you to a rematch.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Nov '07 02:44
    I would never do that. If and when you win I will challenge you to rematch if I thought you weren't better otherwise I would just keep my big yap shut and try to improve and then challenge you to a rematch.
    let's see, I now have an endless series of games with matt, now I'm going to have an endless series of games with you, and a really long series of lessons with Recuvik... that leaves me with three leisure games...
  10. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '07 02:54
    let's see, I now have an endless series of games with matt, now I'm going to have an endless series of games with you, and a really long series of lessons with Recuvik... that leaves me with three leisure games...
    meaning that if I win the match or the match is drawn then you will challenge me to a rematch.
  11. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    14 Nov '07 00:21
    Not including accepting a draw for non-chess-related reasons (e.g. I'm not feeling well), I will only accept a draw in three cases: 1)I'm clearly worse in the position; 2)The position is hopelessly level with no "swindling" chances; 3)A draw gives me a favorable standing in the tournament.

In general, though, DRAWS ARE EVIL!!
  12. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    14 Nov '07 00:27
    I wouldn't go so far to say that draws are evil. I think if two players have played equally well (or equally poorly, as the case may be), a draw is a suitable result. I've offered my share of draws where I thought my opponent and I have come to a sterile position. Some have been accepted, some not. It doesn't bother me either way. I've also been offered draws, and when I have I've tried to find whether I have a winning position or not. If I can't find it, I accept the draw. There's always another game to be played. 🙂
  13. washington
    Moves
    14 Nov '07 00:46
    I use to hate draws. Against higher opponents I usually didn't take them but often my skills were not up to par to beat them even with a superior position. [gid]3978702 [/gid] Game 4153171 these are the last 2 games I decided to take draws in. After further analysis I could have won in the galaxy shield game and in the dragon fire game I have no clue if I could win or not. He is a player of much better skill so I decided to take a draw. Against lower opponents I will play the game out because they are more likley to mess up somewhere.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Nov '07 00:54
    HERE'S a draw no one can argue over.

http://www.timeforchess.com/core/playchess.php?gameid=4244951
  15. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Nov '07 03:50
    Draws are evil!
    User 340422 is evil!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree