1. Joined
    16 Nov '06
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 23:38
    Well, I always like Nf6, I play it against Nc3 and the tarrasch, I like those positions!
  2. Joined
    10 Dec '06
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 23:55
    So got any good games? or any sites? 🙂
  3. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    24 Feb '09 02:071 edit
    Originally posted by RabbitCold
    Alright, reviving an old thread...
    I want to play e6 on my first move no matter e4 or d4.
    If I play e6 first and want to go into a Dutch, I guess this limits me to the classical pretty much. Does anyone know of some good learning games or sites that help explain the classical Dutch? ( I want to play e6 first just to avoid all the fun gambits with white in the Dutch)

Thanks
    I love it when white goes for the gambits, because I'm often better prepared for it. -most gambiteers against dutch on our level are going for a swindle, and when that doesn't work out in the first few moves they tend to get lost.

it's a lot of work though, but I regard that as an advantage: the more there is theory to cover in a sideline, the less likely it's that your opponent has it down cold. and when you don't have something down cold, it's a lot harder and slower to find even the potential exploits in the mistakes. you simply can't see as much if the position is not familiar.
  4. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    24 Feb '09 03:18
    Originally posted by Talisman
    Well i have to say yes, some very strong similarities with the KID. Looks very technical. I'm going to look in to this a bit further.
    Yes, the Dutch Leningrad is essentially an attempt to play an accelerated King´s Indian. The idea is to get f5 in early, so as not to have to move the knight out of the way to get the advance in.

A move order to watch out for is 1. d4 f5 2. c4 Nf6 3. Nc3 as then you should play 3. ... d6 and wait to see what your opponent does as 4. h4 causes problems:
  5. Joined
    29 May '08
    Moves
    24 Feb '09 10:22
    Whoever called it the Dutch Defense is a moron.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree