1. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    03 Apr '07 08:35
    Originally posted by Ramiri15
    Your king has moved twice.
    OK! No one ever said I could count, but I am sure before too long it will move 3X. In fact over the next few moves I plan to move it at least another 2X.
  2. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Apr '07 09:02
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    This is presumably bad. A beginners mistake!

So bringing the queen out on move 8 then moving it 6 times in sucession so that by move 13 it is trapped on h8 must surely be bad, especially if this is a Grob and white has no other pieces developed (except a B on g2).

Bad boy Dragon Fire. Ignoring elementary chess principles.

So was I wrong in [gid] ...[text shortened]... as it is still in progress and I wouldn't want anyone telling me how to save my poor old lady.
    you cant have been wrong cause you won, but i doubt you would have been that confident playing against someone with a similar rating to yourself... or playing me!
  3. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    03 Apr '07 09:201 edit
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    you cant have been wrong cause you won, but i doubt you would have been that confident playing against someone with a similar rating to yourself... or playing me!
    Not won yet.

I've posted this and the game with the king moves to be observed only please as they are ongoing (so no comments on the actual games) but I felt my disregard of basic chess principles may make interesting viewing for novices struggling with do I / don't I move my Queen / King early.

By showing a game in progress people can think about what they may do next in a way that cannot happen in a completed game and I think this can be beneficial.

The point is generally this is bad but exceptions exist and it may not always be fatal.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree