1. Joined
    27 Nov '06
    Moves
    16 Oct '07 06:54
    A quick question is it only possible to be subjected to this if your pawns are still in the operation of there 1st move?. Have played on and off for years but never really fully understood it.
    P.S i've looked at the FAQ en passant and that only shows the move on the first move!
  2. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    16 Oct '07 07:16
    Originally posted by Galactus
    A quick question is it only possible to be subjected to this if your pawns are still in the operation of there 1st move?. Have played on and off for years but never really fully understood it.
    P.S i've looked at the FAQ en passant and that only shows the move on the first move!
    En passant is only possible on the move immediately following a player moving his pawn 2 squares when it can be taken by a pawn on the 5th rank as if it had only moved 1 square. If not taken immediately the opportunity is lost.
  3. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    16 Oct '07 12:16
    Have a look at http://www.rockfordchess.org/instruction/minilessons/EnPassant.PDF

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree