1. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    11 Aug '06 17:47
    Originally posted by 7ate9
    do you mean move the king to the pawn on the B-file? what would this achieve?

...also how was i meant to get the rook behind the pawns? i was always wanting to do this quickly, but had trouble achieveing it.
    In my view the king is needed on the Q-side to promote tha b-pawn.But I'm not sure that's the best plan hence why I was asking.
  2. Standard memberBriscoe
    Consigliere
    Ontario, Canada
    Moves
    11 Aug '06 17:49
    you brought your king into play, but not enough...you would advance, and then retreat,...keep your initiative...

also

there was no rush to promote your pawn...a safer move wouldve been to bring your rook back to guard whites promotion square...then promote your pawn...
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Aug '06 03:45

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    12 Aug '06 17:30
    Originally posted by 7ate9
    my end game sux! i just played a game where i got a bit lost. any help on how to approach the end games better would be appreciated... from about move 40. thanxs.

Game 2332520
    Generally not a good idea to take the king backwards.

Spilting the P really made no difference as the game was won.

Using your R you could have forced his K out of play then pushed the 2 passed Ps supported by your K. He had no way of stopping them..

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree