1. Standard memberO Artem O
    ParTizan
    Philadelphia, USA
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 01:14
    Hello,
    just finished a tournament game, it ended in a draw, but we both were wondering have white missed a wining opportunity in the end game?

Game 6473089
  2. Joined
    11 Jul '09
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 01:32
    The goal in chess is not to trade pieces, it is to mate the ennemy king, worthless trade and play for the win.

To me, it seem you do not break your head, you have to answer some simple question to play.

Can that promote ?
    Can I take that defenseless pawn ?
    Can I promote my pawn ?
    Can he mate me ?
    Is he treatning something bad?
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 01:40
    35. Nxh7 would have been a winning move. If rest of the game proceeds as it did then you would have ended with passed pawns on two sides of the board and it would have been hard to defend.
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 03:42
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    35. Nxh7 would have been a winning move. If rest of the game proceeds as it did then you would have ended with passed pawns on two sides of the board and it would have been hard to defend.
    I was surprised he didn't make that move myself.
  5. Standard memberO Artem O
    ParTizan
    Philadelphia, USA
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 03:50
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I was surprised he didn't make that move myself.
    AAaa #$%@, i did see that when i checked you, i prob moved to fast to notice it after wards. 🙁

well we might have a rematch if we beat the other guy 🙂
  6. Joined
    16 Nov '06
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 06:47
    Originally posted by AudreyxSophie
    The goal in chess is not to trade pieces, it is to mate the ennemy king, worthless trade and play for the win.

To me, it seem you do not break your head, you have to answer some simple question to play.

Can that promote ?
    Can I take that defenseless pawn ?
    Can I promote my pawn ?
    Can he mate me ?
    Is he treatning something bad?
    If you can trade pieces and get a winning technical endgame, than you must trade pieces! Playing for direct attack and mate is not always the best in a position.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree