1. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    20 Jul '06 20:12
    Rybka 2.1 has been released on the heels of Shredder 10 and now comes JUNIOR 10. This was already considered the best tactical engine in the world. I wonder what they've done with the new one. It should be available in August - just a heads up.
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Jul '06 14:53

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Standard memberHomerJSimpson
    Renouned Grob Killer
    Moves
    21 Jul '06 15:17

4. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    21 Jul '06 15:35
    How is it that you have no qualms about stealing something that other people have put hours, months and years of their life into? Rybka even has an older version that the author gives away for free yet you persist in stealing the latest and greatest, offering them no compensation for their hard work.
  5. Joined
    18 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Jul '06 16:23

6. Joined
    18 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Jul '06 16:241 edit
    Originally posted by zebano
    How is it that you have no qualms about stealing something that other people have put hours, months and years of their life into? Rybka even has an older version that the author gives away for free yet you persist in stealing the latest and greatest, offering them no compensation for their hard work.
    Oh no, no qualms at all.

In fact I consider it a crime to not steal programs.

(in case anyone out there is a cop, I was just kidding.)
  7. Standard memberHomerJSimpson
    Renouned Grob Killer
    Moves
    21 Jul '06 16:281 edit
    Originally posted by LanndonKane
    Oh no, no qualms at all.

In fact I consider it a crime to not steal programs.

(in case anyone out there is a cop, I was just kidding.)
    It would bother me if the engine were a little bit better priced, Deep Shredder is $110 which is quite excessive in my oppinion for a program that is less than 2MBs, and what makes it worse, is that most programs you buy like Any DVD give you free upgrades to new editions, not the case with Shredder.
  8. Joined
    18 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Jul '06 16:30
    Originally posted by HomerJSimpson
    It would bother me if the engine were a little bit better priced, Deep Shredder is $110 which is quite excessive in my oppinion for a program that is less than 2MBs, and what makes it worse, is that most programs you buy like Any DVD give you free upgrades to new editions, not the case with Shredder.
    Ok, but doesn't answer where you get eumle 😀
  9. Standard memberHomerJSimpson
    Renouned Grob Killer
    Moves
    21 Jul '06 16:32

10. Joined
    18 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Jul '06 16:34
    And the engines worked normally, no viruses or anything?
  11. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '06 18:46
    If it's too expensive, don't buy it. That doesn't give you the right to effectively steal it.
  12. Standard memberleisurelysloth
    Man of Steel
    rushing to and fro
    Moves
    21 Jul '06 18:58
    Originally posted by dottewell
    If it's too expensive, don't buy it. That doesn't give you the right to effectively steal it.
    effectively? I wouldn't think any qualifiers would be required.
  13. Standard memberleisurelysloth
    Man of Steel
    rushing to and fro
    Moves
    21 Jul '06 19:01
    So you wouldn't mind paying for it if they made it a big bloated monstrosity like Windows? But since it's only 2 MBs you steal it. Nice. 😞
  14. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '06 20:16
    I think it is abominable that you would steal from these people. If you want something, pay for it. If not, live without it.

Your behavior is selfish and irresponsible (even more so now that you're actually encouraging stealing). Chess software does not grow on trees, it requires dedication, money and a tremendous amount of work to get where it is today. Chess software authors have bills to pay and families to feed. If people continuously steal from them, do you think they can really afford to continue in ches software? Many of them, including Vasik had other jobs in the software industry. If people behave like you, they will be forced to abandon chess and go back to their previous work. I have NO respect for people like you.
  15. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    21 Jul '06 20:24
    Originally posted by LanndonKane
    And the engines worked normally, no viruses or anything?
    If there's any justice in this world, the software that you steal will be just chock full of all kinds of viruses, worms, trojans, and adware. Oh yes, and the file will also be corrupted.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree