1. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '06 20:28
    Originally posted by HomerJSimpson
    It would bother me if the engine were a little bit better priced, Deep Shredder is $110 which is quite excessive in my oppinion for a program that is less than 2MBs, and what makes it worse, is that most programs you buy like Any DVD give you free upgrades to new editions, not the case with Shredder.
    Excessive? If you can afford to have TWO CPUS in your computer and you feel you NEED an engine strong enoung to take advantage of them is $110 really that much? The high end in any markey will be priced much higher. Furthermore, just because it's expensive does not make stealing correct. Ferraris are expensive too, does that make it any less wrong to steal a Ferrari? You DO NOT NEED Deep Shredder 10 or any chess engine for that matter and you have no right to steal it. If it were water that were far far overpriced and you had no money, stealing would be acceptable to preserve your life. This is not the case here.

Moreover, you show an amazing lack of ignorance by comparing the work devoted to a program by size. Chess engines have no GUI to take up lots of space and are a completely different type of program to what you are used to. It is no wonder that they are small. However, this is no indicator that making the engine was an easy job. And again, this is a ridiculously stupid argument. Saying that something was easy to make does not justify stealing. Maybe I think pizza is easy to make and not a great value, should I steal from Pizza Hut?

The chess software market, despite what you believe is actually not that profitable. For example, it is even uncertain if there will be a Chessmaster 11 due to lackluster sales. I'm not saying it is the best chess program ever, but it does show that even big companies have trouble making business work with chess. A big part of that reason is people like you. Just look at all the copy protection mechannisms Ubisoft had to impose on the rest of us because of you, it's a pain in the @ss and it still didn't work. Please don't force Vasik and other engine authors to do the same thing. Be moral.
  2. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    21 Jul '06 20:43
    Originally posted by HomerJSimpson
    It would bother me if the engine were a little bit better priced, Deep Shredder is $110 which is quite excessive in my oppinion for a program that is less than 2MBs, and what makes it worse, is that most programs you buy like Any DVD give you free upgrades to new editions, not the case with Shredder.
    I agree, Homer. I would gladly pay the full price if only the name of the program was longer, something like "Deep Shredder Super Deluxe". But since the name is only "Deep Shredder", then by all means, we should all steal the program.

(In case not everyone gets it, the above statement was a clear attempt at sarcasm.)

Don't you thieves understand how easy it is to cling to any ridiculous reason for rationalizing away your criminal acts? At least be honest with yourself and say that you stole the program because you have no morals, or you're completely self-centered and don't care a bit about anyone else, or because you're just scum. But you're not fooling us or yourself with your lame rationalizations.
  3. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    21 Jul '06 20:503 edits
    Originally posted by LanndonKane
    Ok, but doesn't answer where you get eumle 😀
    Excuse me, what about us mules? 😕
  4. Standard memberGrandmouster
    ChessObsessed
    Earth
    Moves
    21 Jul '06 20:57
    FileSharing is being watched by the government.
    They know.
  5. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    21 Jul '06 20:591 edit
    Originally posted by Grandmouster
    They know.
    Yes, we know you know. 😛
  6. Joined
    18 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Jul '06 21:37
    Come on Homer J., they're on to us!

I'll book the train to mexico, you fake the car crash!
  7. Joined
    18 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Jul '06 01:40
    There do you see what you did, you made me feel so ashamed I went and bought 7 Rybka's!

I hope you're satisfied...
  8. Joined
    13 Feb '04
    Moves
    22 Jul '06 09:14
    You don't steal because the price is too high. You steal because you are a thief.
  9. Standard memberDerfel Cadarn
    The Mighty
    Rocky Mountains
    Moves
    22 Jul '06 09:19
    I steal from the music industry because they steal from me. 16 dollars is too much to be paying for an album with 8 or 9 songs on it, with only 1 or 2 good. Like these musicians need any more money. Greedy bastards.
  10. Joined
    13 Feb '04
    Moves
    22 Jul '06 09:39
    Originally posted by Derfel Cadarn
    I steal from the music industry because they steal from me. 16 dollars is too much to be paying for an album with 8 or 9 songs on it, with only 1 or 2 good. Like these musicians need any more money. Greedy bastards.
    The music industry steals from you? Who in the music industry takes something from you without your consent? Do they put a gun to your head and make you give them 16 dollars? Have you notified the police?
  11. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '06 14:24
    Originally posted by Derfel Cadarn
    Retardoreasoning.
  12. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    23 Jul '06 01:401 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Joined
    18 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Jul '06 03:00

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    23 Jul '06 03:142 edits
    Yes, it is outrageous! If all the have-nots can suddenly acquire stuff as easily as we haves...well, we won't be haves for very long, will we? 😠
  15. Standard memberHomerJSimpson
    Renouned Grob Killer
    Moves
    23 Jul '06 05:43
    Originally posted by LanndonKane
    Come on Homer J., they're on to us!

I'll book the train to mexico, you fake the car crash!
    Quick run!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree