Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 08 Mar '08 02:38
    So I must assume that there are a few players here who cheat with chess engines? Is that correct? If so, what a shame, but cheating goes on in life across all races, industry's, and games. Therefore I am not surprised. The people who cheat should go "look into the mirror" at the end of each day, so they can SEE for themselves that they are hollow shells of NOTHING. I laugh at them and the phony lives that they live. Too bad cheaters and I hope RHP kicks your butt out of here. Whatever happened to integrity and honesty?? mmmmmmmmmm?
  2. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    08 Mar '08 02:57
    Originally posted by jhard
    So I must assume that there are a few players here who cheat with chess engines? Is that correct? If so, what a shame, but cheating goes on in life across all races, industry's, and games. Therefore I am not surprised. The people who cheat should go "look into the mirror" at the end of each day, so they can SEE for themselves that they are hollow shells o ...[text shortened]... pe RHP kicks your butt out of here. Whatever happened to integrity and honesty?? mmmmmmmmmm?
    You being from Oklahoma and all, isn't there some more consequential group you can go discriminate against? I mean do chess cheaters really pump you up? There's the whole anti-gun lobby, the environmentalists, the Get Out Of Iraq crowd - and when you're done with them there's the whole of the European continent. God I can't stand self-righteous [EDITED] like you who want to find the flaws in everybody else but fudge their expense reports, scream at their kid on the soccer field, tip eight percent, but go to church on Sunday so they can fill themselves up with self-righteous anger and indignation at other peoples' flaws and misdeeds. And to top it off, you're boring. Hold your tongue, if you don't mind; spare us.
  3. 08 Mar '08 03:14
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    You being from Oklahoma and all, isn't there some more consequential group you can go discriminate against? I mean do chess cheaters really pump you up? There's the whole anti-gun lobby, the environmentalists, the Get Out Of Iraq crowd - and when you're done with them there's the whole of the European continent. God I can't stand self-righteous [EDIT ...[text shortened]... eeds. And to top it off, you're boring. Hold your tongue, if you don't mind; spare us.
    Wow, I'm really impressed that you were able to learn so much about jhard's life from that one post. I mean, I had no idea that he fudges on his expense reports and screams at his kid on the soccer field. And he only tips eight percent? Gee, what a loser!

    But seriously, sasquatch, that one post of his didn't deserve that load of crap that you threw at him. What's the matter, get in a fight with the old lady again today, and no dog to kick?
  4. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    08 Mar '08 03:21
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    You being from Oklahoma and all, isn't there some more consequential group you can go discriminate against? I mean do chess cheaters really pump you up? There's the whole anti-gun lobby, the environmentalists, the Get Out Of Iraq crowd - and when you're done with them there's the whole of the European continent. God I can't stand self-righteous [EDIT ...[text shortened]... eeds. And to top it off, you're boring. Hold your tongue, if you don't mind; spare us.
    We must be having a few stiff ones tonight are we, ( as in drinks), you seem to be going off on everyone all over the forums, chill out !!!
  5. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    08 Mar '08 03:33 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Mad Rook
    Wow, I'm really impressed that you were able to learn so much about jhard's life from that one post. I mean, I had no idea that he fudges on his expense reports and screams at his kid on the soccer field. And he only tips eight percent? Gee, what a loser!

    But seriously, sasquatch, that one post of his didn't deserve that load of crap that you threw at him. What's the matter, get in a fight with the old lady again today, and no dog to kick?
    Eat my frickin' shorts. The both of you.

    EDIT: And anyone else who's tempted to post about my posts, you can direct your comments to the nearest wall.
  6. 08 Mar '08 03:46
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Eat my frickin' shorts. The both of you.

    EDIT: And anyone else who's tempted to post about my posts, you can direct your comments to the nearest wall.
    No thanks. Why don't you go and sober up instead of posting total crap? But something tells me you'd rather make an idiot of yourself. Well, in that case, be my guest. But I won't be wasting my time reading any more of your useless posts.
  7. 08 Mar '08 04:48
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    I mean do chess cheaters really pump you up?
    riiiiiiiiight ! .. it's just a myth that people cheat in chess ( isn't it ?)

    - it just doesn't happen - ever - has never happened , and i don't want to
    hear any more talk about it

    - there's no such thing , there really isn't
    - it's just a nasty rumour

    and anyway, even if people do use fritz ( which they don't ), the important thing is to pretend they don't -
    what's more important is that everybody knows that the ones using fritz aren't using it ( because they're not )

    .. i'm covering my ears now, because i can't bear hearing any more about
    engine-users - they're just figments
  8. 08 Mar '08 17:11
    Sasquatch makes me laugh, because he fits the profile so well for the "self-righteous" and the lip service boy who knows what is best for all to say and do. Too bad SAS, you must have some "anger management" problems.
  9. Standard member nmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    11 Mar '08 05:24
    At least he speaks his mind.

    Alot of people on here hide behind being "politcally correct".

    I however enjoy reading what he thinks.

    Somebody has to stir the damn pot!

    Dave
  10. Subscriber huckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    11 Mar '08 05:27
    And, apparently his feet smell too
  11. 11 Mar '08 08:42
    Originally posted by jhard
    So I must assume that there are a few players here who cheat with chess engines? Is that correct? If so, what a shame, but cheating goes on in life across all races, industry's, and games. Therefore I am not surprised. The people who cheat should go "look into the mirror" at the end of each day, so they can SEE for themselves that they are hollow shells o ...[text shortened]... pe RHP kicks your butt out of here. Whatever happened to integrity and honesty?? mmmmmmmmmm?
    1 player in the top 5 is playing here about 450 ELO points higher than his official OTB rating.
    That proves nothing of course.
  12. Standard member Korch
    Chess Warrior
    11 Mar '08 09:06
    Originally posted by Squelchbelch
    1 player in the top 5 is playing here about 450 ELO points higher than his official OTB rating.
    That proves nothing of course.
    Which player do you mean?
  13. Standard member Dragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    11 Mar '08 09:48
    Originally posted by Korch
    Which player do you mean?
    As you are number 6 its not you.

    I could guess who but I won't as enough "unfounded" allegations have been flying around the forums lately.

    A difference of 450 points between OTB and correspondence is certainly at or near the limit in my opinion as it begins to imply a completely different approach to the game. I personally do not believe people have different approaches OTB and at correspondence and merely feel that by taking more time they may play more accurately. This in particular suits a tactical style of play but a "strategic" player OTB will not suddenly become a "tactical" player here and vice versa.

    Not withstanding the above even a different style proves nothing as you can only assume an player is an engine if he plays like an engine. In my opinion we should stop these witch hunts against stronger players. There are thousands of 2300 players in the world and I know of at least 1 person from my OTB play who is graded above that level but is reluctant to play internet chess because of these sort of accusations.

    Yes people cheat unfortunately in all walks of life and is cheating at chess a greater sin than cheating on your wife / husband. RHP does a lot more than most sites to track down and ban cheaters. On some sites you would get an immediate ban just for mentioning the possibility whilst the cheats go on unchecked as the Admin do not believe there is a sure fire way to catch them. I personally believe the play here is cleaner than at most sites but unless you are coming up against the top 100 players or someone unbeaten lately with a vertical graph it is unlikely to affect you.
  14. 11 Mar '08 10:22 / 1 edit
    Ignore me.
    I'm in a foul mood after losing a won game away in the league against this dude last night:
    http://grading.bcfservices.org.uk/getref.php?ref=109232H
    Who kept huffing & groaning every time I made a move.

    Amazingly, as white I conspired to lose from here after:
    1.e4...c6
    2.d4...d6
    3.Bc4...e6
    4.Nf3...h6
    5.Nc3...a6
    6.0-0...Ne7
    7.d5...cxd5
    8.exd5...e5
    9.Re1...Ng6
    10.h3...Nd7
    11.Bd3...Be7
    12.Bxg6...fxg6
    13.Qd3