1. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 May '08 21:504 edits
    Originally posted by AttilaTheHorn
    An opponent had not moved in a couple of days. His clock ran out today and I clicked the skull to get the win. I didn't feel bad about that because I never feel that winning on time is somehow less of a win, and besides, I had a winning position anyway, but it would have taken me many moves to force the win.
    A minute or two after I clicked the skull, ...[text shortened]... nored him and immediately added him to my ignore list. Do you think I should have reported him?
    yes.

off topic, but how about this: I was winning a game by a rather early piece sacrifice, and my opponent just stopped playing after it was obvious he'd lose. He eventually got timed out. I can't have full evidence, but I remember him being moving on his other games. it was just that he wanted that game to be remembered as "lost by timeout". I find this bad etiquette too.

doing whatever you can to survive, even slowing the game just to frustrate for a while, or trying cheapoes, trying desperately to push for stalemate or perpetual when it's possible by blunder etc is completely fine with me, but all of that should be made in the aim of winning or surviving. after you just know you have lost the game, then you should have the manners to admit it and resign immediately.
  2. Joined
    26 Jul '06
    Moves
    21 May '08 00:50
    I have an etiquette question - Should I mock someone famous in the chess world, or should I let them be based on their screen name? 'Cuz I did the former and I think that may have been a mistake.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 May '08 05:08
    Originally posted by st00p1dfac3
    I have an etiquette question - Should I mock someone famous in the chess world, or should I let them be based on their screen name? 'Cuz I did the former and I think that may have been a mistake.
    I don't know, but I think all the chess Gods will probably be mad at you now. 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree